Anybody know a good vinyl effect?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Last time I tried the one that comes with LMMS it was broken. Then I tried using iZotope, which worked until I switched computers and now it doesn't register for some reason. Why is this effect so elusive??
VST4FREE has a couple. They're in the Lo-fi section. I don't know if they're any good.
Foggy wrote: ↑
April 28th, 2020, 1:15 am
Last time I tried the one that comes with LMMS it was broken. Then I tried using iZotope, which worked until I switched computers and now it doesn't register for some reason. Why is this effect so elusive??
is it the effect of
* DJ-scratching
Then you can do like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYZYjwwZuDM
* Old record turning,
then .. what wrong with LADSPA vyNil ?
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm
then .. what wrong with LADSPA vyNil ?
Yeah it was that one. Last time I used it, the pops and scratches would erupt in massive, earsplitting distortion for no reason.
Foggy wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 1:45 am
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm
then .. what wrong with LADSPA vyNil ?
Yeah it was that one. Last time I used it, the pops and scratches would erupt in massive, earsplitting distortion for no reason.
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Foggy wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 1:45 am
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm
then .. what wrong with LADSPA vyNil ?
Yeah it was that one. Last time I used it, the pops and scratches would erupt in massive, earsplitting distortion for no reason.
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
Oh okay. Well, thanks! I'll give it another shot then.
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
Foggy wrote: ↑
May 2nd, 2020, 4:02 am
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
Foggy wrote: ↑
May 2nd, 2020, 4:02 am
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
That is odd....
What pluin did you get this distortion with -is it native lmms? I had no issue with either VST (MDA-piano) or 3OC -just crackle. Must be on/off swithced though
musikbear wrote: ↑
May 2nd, 2020, 5:26 pm
Foggy wrote: ↑
May 2nd, 2020, 4:02 am
musikbear wrote: ↑
April 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm
Its fixed i think. i tried it yesterday on 1.2.1 and it did what it should
Nope, tried it again and got nearly the same thing. The only difference is it's gone from massive distortion to square wave beeping.
That is odd....
What pluin did you get this distortion with -is it native lmms? I had no issue with either VST (MDA-piano) or 3OC -just crackle. Must be on/off swithced though
I used "ViNyl (Vinyl Effect)". It's listed as a LADSPA plugin, and I'm pretty sure it's native. Funny... I tried using it again just now and couldn't replicate the problem. The only difference from when I tried using it last night is that I also had the iZotope vinyl vst effect in the effects chain (which I also got to work today, I figured out what I was doing wrong). I had that turned off for the experiment though.

I don't know. I guess my problem is solved. It's just kinda weird.