fine tuning
Posted: June 16th, 2020, 3:39 pm
by Jere246
So, much like an instrument, synthesized instruments need to be tuned to the pitch of the song. It seems the more distorted a sound, the need for this. I am finding I have to adjust the pitch just based on playing within high or low range. Some synthesizers are not good at playing in both.
What is behind the variability with digital instrumentation, a bunch of math?
Re: fine tuning
Posted: June 16th, 2020, 5:49 pm
by musikbear
Jere246 wrote: ↑June 16th, 2020, 3:39 pm
So, much like an instrument, synthesized instruments need to be tuned to the pitch of the song. It seems the more distorted a sound, the need for this. I am finding I have to adjust the pitch just based on playing within high or low range. Some synthesizers are not good at playing in both.
What is behind the variability with digital instrumentation, a bunch of math?
wooo.. That one is tricky..
If you detune the heck out of an instrument, then it will eventually start co clash with other frequencies, that is a given thing, but other wise.. I wont be able to say, without taking a look at the instrument
Re: fine tuning
Posted: June 17th, 2020, 4:27 am
by brandystarbrite
That is an interesting question dude.