White Noise Hit
Posted: November 30th, 2020, 6:56 am
by BioElektrick
Hello everyone, I want to try making a white noise sound that has a "hit" to it. Kind of like a clap where it starts loud and quickly tails off.
If you're familiar with industrial music you may know what I'm talking about.
Thank you for your time!

Re: White Noise Hit
Posted: November 30th, 2020, 5:39 pm
by musikbear
BioElektrick wrote: ↑November 30th, 2020, 6:56 am
Hello everyone, I want to try making a white noise sound that has a "hit" to it. Kind of like a clap where it starts loud and quickly tails off.
If you're familiar with industrial music you may know what I'm talking about.
Thank you for your time! :-)
what you want is to have the white-noise 'clip' at attack, for that reason you should set your
envelope
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... #Envelopes
attack to 0, and then have your
Decay gradually fade it off
You can also double up on the numbers of tracks, and especially enhance the attack, if you need even more punch
In case you really only are looking for the classical pulsating white noise, here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzL1qfbSGg
Re: White Noise Hit
Posted: April 27th, 2021, 1:46 pm
by BioElektrick
I forgot about my post silly me... That was a fantatic tutorial, thank you Musikbear! I never thought of adding a fast high speed waveshape to an LFO in the resonance envelope. Very cool.
You're a saint helping us LMMS fans so much. Thanks!