Page 1 of 1
What is Controller Rack good for?
Posted: April 18th, 2021, 8:59 am
by oldcastle
Hi,
I'm completely new to music production, so there are a lot of concepts that I'm still learning via LMMS. One thing that I cannot get my head around is the Controller Rack. Is CR the same as Automation? If someone could give me some practical example of how/where to use CR it would be great.
Cheers.
Re: What is Controller Rack good for?
Posted: April 19th, 2021, 3:44 pm
by musikbear
oldcastle wrote: ↑April 18th, 2021, 8:59 am
Hi,
I'm completely new to music production, so there are a lot of concepts that I'm still learning via LMMS. One thing that I cannot get my head around is the Controller Rack. Is CR the same as Automation? If someone could give me some practical example of how/where to use CR it would be great.
Generally the component is explained here:
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/3-navigating-lmms/3.13
Is CR the same as Automation
No, Automation is a more versatile and user-controlled option
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/3-navi ... automation
Re: What is Controller Rack good for?
Posted: April 19th, 2021, 4:57 pm
by oldcastle
Ok, I read the docs. So, if Automation is a more versatile and user-controlled option like you said, why do I need controller rack?
Re: What is Controller Rack good for?
Posted: April 21st, 2021, 2:42 pm
by musikbear
oldcastle wrote: ↑April 19th, 2021, 4:57 pm
Ok, I read the docs. So, if Automation is a more versatile and user-controlled option like you said, why do I need controller rack?
OSCs are powerful tools for repetitive alterations. One example could be the sound of an alarm, where you want to have a continuous change of the sound-pitch, over time -and many many times. That would be tedious to make with automation, but especially things where the sound alternate very fast is almost impossible to make in automation, like a tremor or leslie guitar