LMMS Constantly Crashing

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I'm currently having trouble with LMMS. Whenever I open it, it shows the following screen (attached to this post), and immediately crashes. I tried closing the loading page, but it's not letting me click anything. This is weird because LMMS was working fine for the past few days. Maybe it's because I tried to load a .MIDI over an already existing song and it got mad, but I don't see why this would happen, as I haven't recently tried to open the soundfont.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as the soundfont, yet it continues crashing. Image

Attachments

turtlegunner wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:57 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum turtlegunner !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Whenever I open lmms, it shows the following screen (attached to this post), and immediately crashes.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as the soundfont, yet it continues crashing.
I think its the soundfont. Make a backup-version of the project, remove that soundfont from the backup, save the project, shut down lmms, restart the pc, and then reload the project.
If that does not fix it, please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version, and the site where you got it from
I think its the soundfont. Make a backup-version of the project, remove that soundfont from the backup, save the project, shut down lmms, restart the pc, and then reload the project.
If that does not fix it, please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
I don't think it's the project - when I load the default application for LMMS, this screen shows for about 30 seconds and crashes, not letting me click anything even if I tried. I don't think it's a problem with the project, either, as whenever I try and load project files, it shows me that it's loading LMMS, however immediately crashes afterwards before even opening it. This soundfont was working fine originally as well, and this screen still showed when I removed the soundfont from my files.
turtlegunner wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:57 pm
Hello,

I'm currently having trouble with LMMS. Whenever I open it, it shows the following screen (attached to this post), and immediately crashes. I tried closing the loading page, but it's not letting me click anything. This is weird because LMMS was working fine for the past few days. Maybe it's because I tried to load a .MIDI over an already existing song and it got mad, but I don't see why this would happen, as I haven't recently tried to open the soundfont.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well as the soundfont, yet it continues crashing. Image
I would try to delete the settings file (I guess it's .lmmsrc.xml or lmmsrc.xml) before reinstalling.
please post your:
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:45 pm
please post your:
Windows
https://lmms.io/download#windows
version 1.2.2
turtlegunner wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Windows
https://lmms.io/download#windows
version 1.2.2
Perfect!
So You are getting crash-issues even with the default standard project
Lets try and force lmms to build you a new config-file:
First reboot! Then
Goto C:\Users\<Username>\
There you have a file named .lmmsrc.xml Windows wont let you delete it, so move it!
Then open lmms again
You may have a popup saying you need to add config-data, just click ok
Does that allow to open saved projects?