Midi keyboard suggestions

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hey so I am trying to get my brother a Christmas gift and he said he wanted a midi keyboard and I know he uses lmms I know nothing about this stuff but I want to get him a nice one, if any of you awesome people have suggestions it would be much appreciated!!10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
Depends on your budget, I have a keystation mini 32 which works fine in LMMS.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ni_32.html
tiloketi9 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:20 am
Hey so I am trying to get my brother a Christmas gift and he said he wanted a midi keyboard and I know he uses lmms I know nothing about this stuff but I want to get him a nice one, if any of you awesome people have suggestions it would be much appreciated!!
Here is a list. It has a few comments, regarding OS and hardware. You should be able to find a good one in the your price-class:
List of working midi keyboards
Here we list the midi-keyboards, that our users has used successfully with LMMS newer than 1.1.3. The list should not be considered as 'endorsement' of any Brands or manufacturer, neither should it be regarded as a finite list!
There are with no doubt more MIDI-Keyboards that works perfect in LMMS than those on this list, but these has been used with success by LMMS users, so they are definitively working, at least with that HW..

Akai mpk mini II On Windows (convulated installing -propl. caused by drumpad
Akai MPD226 on Ubuntu 18.10
AKAI MPK mini Play On 76 i7 Lemur with Ubuntu Studio 18.10
AKAI MPK mini Play On Windows 10 Home 1803 (32 bit OS)
AKAI Professional LPK25 On Windows Vista Home SP2
AKAI proffesional MPK mini MKII On Windows 10 Home
Alesis Q49 input device to Q49. OS [NA]
Axiom Air Mini 32 - M-AUDIO On Windows 10 home
Behringer UMC-204HD USB-Audio device On Ubuntu Linux] 18.04.1 LTS
Casio CTK6300IN through USB On Windows 10 version 1704
Casio CTK-591 MIDI to USB adapter Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS x86_64 4.15.0-50-generic, with JACK
Casio PX-350M Digital Piano on Win7 Home SP1 & Win10 Home
Casio Px-860 On win7 Driver update necessary!
Korg Nano's ; Key, Drumpad and Controller. On Win7
Korg Nanokey2 On Linux Mint
M-Audio Keystation 61 ES under Kubuntu 10.04
M_Audio Oxygen 25 MkII on Win7 Home SP1 & Win10 Home
M-Audio Keystation mini 32 , on Linux and windows.
M-AUDIO KEYSTATION 49es On Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
MIDIPLUS AKM320 (32 Mini Size Key USB Midi Keyboard Controller) On Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1
Midistart 3 pro keys" USB keyboard by miditech. On Windows
Nektar Impact LX25+ on Ubuntu 18.04
Novation Launchkey 49 Windows 10, Does NOT work in LINUX-Ubuntu Mate
Rockband 3 MIDI Keyboard w. MIDISport 1X1, & simple MIDI cable on win10
Roland Juno-DS88 (Ivory-Like Keys) Windows 10 Pro OEM
Roland E-300 Intelligent Keyboard - 64 Voice Polyphony w. OIBTECH USB MIDI Cable Interface. Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
Swissonic easykey49 on ubuntu studio 18.04 64bits OS
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-130 works with LMMS (2002 model)
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-30 does not (1985 model)
Yamaha DigitalKBD On Windows
Yamaha DGX-640 Digital 88 Keyboard Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 (64-bit)Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)
Yamaha E413 keyboard. On WinXP SP3.
Yamaha E443 keyboard. On Windows.
Yamaha PSR 500m with MIDI-to-USB On Windows
Yamaha PSR-E363 On Win10
I'd like to add to this list:
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-130 works with LMMS (2002 model)
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-30 does not (1985 model)

These are the only keyboards I have tested with LMMS.
susannah wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:10 pm
I'd like to add to this list:
Thanks! Appreciated👍
I'd recommend having a look at these AKAI Professional MPK Mini MK3 Black midi keyboard. It has more knobs to assign to items. doesn't come with the aki software though, but I use reaper so there's no need.
Their suggestions of midi keyboards are really wonderful! It is great that there are people also using these midi keyboards and know about it more than I do. Thanks for sharing! concrete repair phoenix
One I see used absolutely everywhere is the Akai MPK mini MK2. It's a nice budget one, won't run you too much at all. If you have the budget though, there are a lot of high-end ones and you could spend a lot of time and money getting into it all, but a simple one should do the trick for your brother. concrete company greenville fence company charlotte nc 

portable propane generator[url=hhttps://cinematiclovestories.com/]Wedding Videographer[/url]