Automation with Soundfont Banks and Patches

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello yet again, good folks of the LMMS forum. I come with yet another issue, unfortunately.

While importing the XG MIDI for FFVII's "Crazy Motorcycle Chase!" into LMMS to work with, I noticed that when I changed the percussion channel "DRUMS", which was set to the grand piano, into the percussion I needed, it reset when I restarted the song. However, I saw that DRUMS was linked to an automation channel labeled "DRUMS > Bank", which apparently changes the instrument patch to the one specified by the automation?

I want to learn more about it, and how to control it so I can have channels change instruments on the fly, but I have no idea where to start. Anybody able to help me?
LumaKid wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:52 pm
SF2: changed percussion channel "DRUMS", resets when I restarted the song.
That sounds like one MORE annoying effect of the sc. Global-Automation.
In imported MIDI-files here can be hidden automation, that forces some setting to reset to the value chosen by the orr. composer.
It can be very annoying!
LMMS has a feature called: Remove-global-automation, but it has to be done upon the controller that has been secretly automated.
It can be very annoying!
Try this:
On SF2 there is a PATCH-button.
right-click the Y-shaped button.
Choose Remove-global-automation
That should free that controller from being reset, by some hidden automation.
If it does not Your best chance here is to load a new General-user SF2, and set that to the percussion you want, that way you would break the Global-Automation.
Right click the "Bank" and "patch" numbers, and click "Remove global automation".
Clicking the patch icon may or may not let you.