Synchronizing piano-loop with song-editor loop

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello friends,
I suggest a new check icon added to the Piano-Roll before (or after) loop icon for syncing the Piano-Roll loop (if activated) with the Song-Editor timeline
Note : every track must have independent Piano-Roll loop.
thanx
not possible because of how segment loop works. within a piano roll, if you set to loop between bar 2 and 3, it will loop between those in the piano roll, no matter where your segment is in song editor. if you have two segments between 1 and 10, and 20 and 30, then opening piano roll in both and playing with loop on would play 2-3 and 22-23 (because for both of those, the loop is between bar 2 and 3 OF THAT SEGMENT). the loop in pianoroll is just a feature and doesn't contribute to final output like how song-editor loop can.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:25 am
not possible because of how segment loop works. within a piano roll, if you set to loop between bar 2 and 3, it will loop between those in the piano roll, no matter where your segment is in song editor. if you have two segments between 1 and 10, and 20 and 30, then opening piano roll in both and playing with loop on would play 2-3 and 22-23 (because for both of those, the loop is between bar 2 and 3 OF THAT SEGMENT). the loop in pianoroll is just a feature and doesn't contribute to final output like how song-editor loop can.
Hello again Monospace,
It is possible and very simple
set your Piano-Roll loop between any bars you choose along the track
play Song-Editor, when the Song-Editor reach the start of Piano-Roll loop, that will trigger the loop to start.
and,
if we want more advanced option we can add another edit-box after check-box to determine how many times that loop will be repeated.
Note : every track must have independent Piano-Roll loop
thanx
Yasser Roshdi wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:20 am
Monospace wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:25 am
Hello again Monospace,
It is possible and very simple
set your Piano-Roll loop between any bars you choose along the track
play Song-Editor, when the Song-Editor reach the start of Piano-Roll loop, that will trigger the loop to start.
and,
if we want more advanced option we can add another edit-box after check-box to determine how many times that loop will be repeated.
Note : every track must have independent Piano-Roll loop
thanx
a)
That's essentially the same thing as b/b editor. You can trigger how many times you want loop to run, except with visual input too. You're essentially asking for a b/b editor specifically for single tracks- but you can just move the track to b/b editor. You are also asking for the ability to move segments along the timeline, which can already be done.
b)
What you're also asking for is individual loop points for each segment, instead of same loop point for all. This is currently impossible because of the nature of piano roll (mono-instance). But this is, imo, the only part of your request that actually asks for something that cannot be done.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:17 am
a)
That's essentially the same thing as b/b editor. You can trigger how many times you want loop to run, except with visual input too. You're essentially asking for a b/b editor specifically for single tracks- but you can just move the track to b/b editor. You are also asking for the ability to move segments along the timeline, which can already be done.
b)
What you're also asking for is individual loop points for each segment, instead of same loop point for all. This is currently impossible because of the nature of piano roll (mono-instance). But this is, imo, the only part of your request that actually asks for something that cannot be done.
a) I and many others like to be straight, b/b called Beat/Baseline and i'm using sf2 and vst tracks
b) piano roll can still be a mono instance + new variable for the loop data added to the melody data track
Yasser Roshdi wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:15 am
a) I and many others like to be straight, b/b called Beat/Baseline and i'm using sf2 and vst tracks
b) piano roll can still be a mono instance + new variable for the loop data added to the melody data track
a) You can still put sf2 and vst track into b/b editor using Ctrl-drag on the drag knob thing. See this video:
I have done for tripleOscillator, but you can do it for SF2/VST as well.
b) good suggestion. musikbear, it's a good suggestion, what do you usually do with them? Not sure if this has been requested before.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:35 pm

piano roll can still be a mono instance + new variable for the loop data added to the melody data track

musikbear, it's a good suggestion, what do you usually do with them? Not sure if this has been requested before.
They go into gitHub as an "enhancement"-request (blue label).
But is it different from playing a song-editor-loop and have that loop controlling the part of one piano-roll that is being played?
Those part of the complete song-editor that should not be played, can just be muted.
That is of cause a composing-situation.
A render or playback with multi-loops, that is different, and i doubt that would be a considered feature, in current core-design.
A render or playback with multi-loops, that is different, and i doubt that would be a considered feature, in current core-design
Well, i believe you, so let us wait for the new coming featured core design, and if anyone liked to add this request on github just do it on behalf of us.
thanks.