Split audio into two

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey, so i was wondering how to split my audio track into two, like you can do in Premiere Pro (ctrl+k)
Split sample track or instrument tracks?
A sample track
Trizah wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:07 pm
Hey,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Trizah !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

how to split my audio track into two
Sorry LMMS does not have any feature for that
OP, try LMMS 1.3 alpha (nightly) release. It has ability to put a knife thru audio in sample track.
Or put the audio in audacity and split it.
Trizah wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:07 pm
Hey, so i was wondering how to split my audio track into two, like you can do in Premiere Pro (ctrl+k)
I'm not sure exactly what you mean (still learning a bit myself) but what you could do is clone the track and pan one (max left) and the other (max right).
Electropocalypse wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:24 am
I'm not sure exactly what you mean (still learning a bit myself) but what you could do is clone the track and pan one (max left) and the other (max right).
don't dig up such old posts!
No, I think what OP
Electropocalypse wrote:
It's been 7 months OP has prolly figured it out by now Electro (:
In any case, I believe what was meant was slicing audio- something not possible within LMMS itself.
Monospace wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:39 am
Electropocalypse wrote:
It's been 7 months OP has prolly figured it out by now Electro (:
In any case, I believe what was meant was slicing audio- something not possible within LMMS itself.
Thanks Monospace, good to know. It seems there are many things LMMS can't do but there are countless things it can do. Plus there are workarounds (other plugins, audacity, etc).

I'll just have to keep following tuts and learn the best I can. :mrgreen: