Let's have a laugh about this low IQ (dis-)ableton user

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
A mildly prominent youtuber thought it was a good idea, to take a shit on our favourite DAW, because he is simply too stupid to use it properly. WARNING: VERY CRINGE INDUCING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvdgfrg-mc
"I'm an ableton user and I don't know how to use other DAWs" when you see something slightly unfamiliar. Apparently Ableton lets you get too used to samples?
He may be right about some things, but he's treating those things as bad.

"It looks like an FL knockoff, is this how they sell it?" and we don't sell it. Boy's not done his homework.

Sure, but you gotta admit he tried. Okay, so maybe he does not know how to use a synthesizer from the impression I'm getting, and he's seemingly obsessed with samples, but he tried on something that doesn't fit with his usual workflow for fifteen minutes.
Yeah, but I don't think he "tried" it in good faith. It just annoys me, when prominent people use their reach to discredit non-profit and open-source projects.
Me too he is comparing a free program, to a not free program.

As a Linux user, I could not resist to react.

I told him LMMS started as a free fruity loops like daw on Linux.

Back then we did not have much choice on Linux anyway. It was LMMS, Ardour or Rosegarden.

These days there are one or two commercial DAW that have a Linux version.

Bitwig Studio and Reaper.

For many years now LMMS also has a windows and mac version. Something albeton has not :P
Yeah, those type of vids can be annoying.

But I wouldn't call him a low IQ user. He looks more intelligent, than the usual, average annoying clickbait music producing youtuber, that are all over youtube, who try to be critical to look cool to their livestreaming audience and viewers. But at least he tried to understand lmms, despite his struggle to learn it a a short period of time. But yeah, I can understand why any lmms user, would be turned off of that vid. Especially when he compares it, to paid Daws like Gps said above.

Don't take them on guys. Some of them, do that with Synth 1 too. They would compare Synth 1 to Sylenth and other fancy vst plugins, and try their best to make Synth 1 look very bad, and get hate in the comments section. In one case a few years ago, a youtube producer who made a comparison vid, was actually sponsored, to make a fancy vst look good and make Synth 1 look like crap. Then it got more interesting. He even admitted to one annoyed commenter, that yeah, it was a clickbait sponsored vid, to promote a fancy paid plugin. Now what do you think of that? It makes you wonder sometimes. Lol! :P
NOVAVA wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:38 pm
A mildly prominent youtuber thought it was a good idea IQ test free, to take a shit on our favourite DAW, because he is simply too stupid to use it properly. WARNING: VERY CRINGE INDUCING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvdgfrg-mc
Unbelievable that a famous youtuber could do such a thing against a DAW.