How do you create ghost notes?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've searched the Forum for an existing topic on ghost notes, to no avail.
Can someone point me to a tutorial for Creating ghost notes please?
You need to use LMMS 1.3 alpha if you want to use ghost-notes feature. Are you using that? If no, then download it. If yes, get back to us.
Yes I'm using 1.3 beta. But haven't a clue how to create ghost noties
Make a note TCO and place the notes you want shown as ghost notes in the piano roll.
Then navigate to the TCO in song editor, Right click on the TCO, and click "Set as ghost in piano roll"
You can remove the TCO.
You can only set one TCO as ghost notes at a time.
To clear ghost notes, there should be a button on the toolbar of piano-roll with a cute little ghost icon, on the right. Click that.
Sorry what is TCO
TCO or Track Content Object, is a Clip. Sorry, I forgot most people don't know that-
I mean a rectangle-shaped box with content in the Song Editor.
See this image:
The thing the pointer is pointing at is a TCO or a Clip. You want to right-click it, and from the drop-down menu that appears, select "Set as ghost in piano roll".
You can delete the TCO, and the ghost notes will remain.
You can only set one TCO as ghost notes at a time.
To clear ghost notes, open piano roll, and click this button:
Hope this clears it up!
OK thanks, mucho gratituioso . The PRB Piano Roll Block
Yes.... But PRB is not something I've heard to refer to it before.
A "Clip" or "TCO (Track Content Object)" is an umbrella term for all sorts of blocks- automation track, piano roll, B/B Editor, Sample track.
Hmm... actually, now that you mention it, I might've heard Piano Roll Note Block used to refer to it.
Thanks for reminding me... and do keep Clip/TCO in mind for future reference!
Monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:57 am
Yes.... But PRB is not something I've heard to refer to it before.
A "Clip" or "TCO (Track Content Object)" is an umbrella term for all sorts of blocks- automation track, piano roll, B/B Editor, Sample track.
Hmm... actually, now that you mention it, I might've heard Piano Roll Note Block used to refer to it.
Thanks for reminding me... and do keep Clip/TCO in mind for future reference!
( actually.. A HUGE job has just been done in the complete codebase to remove TCO & Block completely. The hereafter only term to be used in code! is Clip -and that is for everything! inside song-editor.
(I was not a fan, I have been a 'Blockhead' aaaall the way... -but nwm that :))
A similar cleaning is done in gitbook, so it get reasonably logical to also only talk about clips in our fora :D )
'Clip' sounds familiar! It's easy to remember and it's pronunciation is onomatopoeic.

'Track Content Object' is like describing a cup as a 'Receptacle For Liquids'. Can you pass me the receptacle for liquids please darling doesn't sound very romantic does it? ha ha ha