Record Label

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I may have a few questions, but let's try to make one thing clear:

Does the record label (netlabel) Serum Records at all respect the copyrights of other entities, such as software companies like Ableton and Image-Line?

Some of those software retail for hundreds of US dollars. I find it hard to believe that Serum Records is able to provide these software legally.
I will have to ask everyone participating in this thread, not to use abusive language or to act hostile in excess. Please keep this thread and the posts civilized and with 'clean' language
Tyia!

(I have made a few 'edits' -dont take them personal, the are not :)
If somebody wants to make money, here are the big guys: http://inspired-by-living.com/article/m ... ord-labels
Labels usually serve three functions:
  • Provide means of advertising/wide distribution
  • Provide business/image/musical advice and usually mastering as well
  • Money
Promoters are not labels. A lot of modern net-labels are just promoters using the wrong title. Like a label, a promoter serves as a mean of advertisement and sometimes distribution, but they typically do not offer mastering services as they want finished songs. Promoters don't make money directly off music either, they typically accept donations and generate additional revenue through affiliate marketing (ads).

Generally speaking, a label is only worth it if you are skilled/popular enough to break even with their investment in you (marketing isn't cheap). If you have no interest in making money, go with a collective or a promoter.