Drum machine plugin like FPC & a few other ideas

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
So far I'm loving how LMMS is improving greatly. You can now use LMMS & Audacity alone to make music & so far I've made 3 songs with it.

But there are ideas I have on what could be added that I have. The biggest one I think LMMS needs is a Drum sample machine that's similar to FL's FPC in which you can load multiple samples into the plugin, & play them on a drum pad, & each sample can be routed out to a mixer channel. Cause as a user of both LMMS & FL Studio, the use of a multi drum sampler would be really helpful in LMMS. Especially in making swingy type experimental Hip Hop beats & Boom Bap. Even a couple of drum synth kits with the ability for each drum to be routed to a mixer channel would be a much needed feature. I've tried several drum kit VSTs & even one drum sampler VST I managed to find but I wasn't able to route individual drums to mixer channels. Is something like this already in the works or does a free drum sample plugin with the abilities for drums to be routed to individual mixer channel exist? If there is I would like to know. If not, I think it would be another great feature to LMMS.

Also some other ideas that I had. I think LMMS should have the ability to save scale presets, so if a scale isn't there, & you draw it in, it can be named & saved for later or uploaded for other people to download & add to the LMMS scale list.

Then finally for now, I think y'all should add a basic pitch corrector if there isn't one. I had a free one that worked on FL, but doesn't work on LMMS. I don't do much singing, but if I do, having pitch correction would be nice. If there's a good free plugin for pitch correction. Let me know.

Anyway those are some of my ideas I have for LMMS. When I come up with more, I'll post them.
MCJosiah wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 am
I think LMMS needs is a Drum sample machine that's similar to FL's FPC in which you can load multiple samples into the plugin,
We have B&B-editor instead.
It is different, but it can both route to mixer, and contain any number of samples you want.
B&B can be a little difficult to get around, but it is actually a good percussion-editor
Your post made me realize that at least i have not made a video about B&B basics. I made this

That shows how to edit notes as B&B-patterns are played, but a basics-usage, i have not made that yet -Look for it tomorrow :P
can drums be routed to individual mixer channel?
They already can in B&B. I will include that in the video.
ability to save scale presets, so if a scale isn't there, & you draw it in, it can be named & saved for later or uploaded for other people to download & add to the LMMS scale list.
LMMS has a huge scale collection, and one of all DAWs best scale helper!
I have made a video around scale and how to set and use them in LMMS

add a basic pitch corrector if there isn't one.
Thus has been suggested 101 times, and is 'coming' .. one day.. 🙄..
Unfortunately there is not anything 'basic' in pitch-correction.
Pitch-correction is done by resampling a sample in a different length, that is not simple, and atm we recommend using Audacity for pitch-corrections
Anyway those are some of my ideas I have for LMMS. When I come up with more, I'll post them.
You are very welcome to do that, but please search here:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues
before you post a duplicate idea : )
MCJosiah wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 am
I think LMMS needs is a Drum sample machine that's similar to FL's FPC in which you can load multiple samples into the plugin,
We have B&B-editor instead.
It is different, but it can both route to mixer, and contain any number of samples you want.
B&B can be a little difficult to get around, but it is actually a good percussion-editor
Your post made me realize that at least i have not made a video about B&B basics. I made this

That shows how to edit notes as B&B-patterns are played.

This is for basics-usage:
can drums be routed to individual mixer channel?
They already can in B&B. It is included in the video.
ability to save scale presets, so if a scale isn't there, & you draw it in, it can be named & saved for later or uploaded for other people to download & add to the LMMS scale list.
LMMS has a huge scale collection, and one of all DAWs best scale helper!
I have made a video around scale and how to set and use them in LMMS

add a basic pitch corrector if there isn't one.
Thus has been suggested 101 times, and is 'coming' .. one day.. 🙄..
Unfortunately there is not anything 'basic' in pitch-correction.
Pitch-correction is done by resampling a sample in a different length, that is not simple, and atm we recommend using Audacity for pitch-corrections
You are very welcome to do that, but please search here:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues
before you post a duplicate idea : )