Ubuntu and LMMS cpu high

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I run in to the problem with ubuntu(linux op system) and LMMS.
I have 7GB ram. I use Lenovo ThinkPad T440s with Ubuntu 20.04 64bit. I see that 2GB is in use when all programs is off only background system programs running. When I run my project with VST host and low CPU VSTs 32 bit I have high cpu usage problem. Lmms is crashing constantly and VST host shows error. After crash I need to kill running all vst host...so programs to get cpu more free. How to fix the problem and can I use LMMS without any problems?
DeathSuperMario wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:05 pm
How to fix the problem and can I use LMMS without any problems?
Must be locally, noone else has that problem.
I wonder what version of LMMS you use?
If it is not our AppImage, please upgrade!
https://lmms.io/download#linux
If it is we need to know:
Is the issue with default-template, or do you have plugins added (an own project)?
If own project, do you have effects running in Idle (settings:
3. from bottom
Let us know the outcome :)
Running lmms 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. lmms appimage
I also have distributor lmms 1.2 from linux store.

Changed from ubuntu to linux lite. All OS 64bit. Ubuntu showed 7GB ram and linux lite shows 8gb ram in my laptop.
In Linux lite lmms don't crash. Still shows high cpu use. Still vst host crashing after I close lmms. Running alpha 1.3 is useless because it only crashing after it loads to run. Tried " 1.3 orphaned processes" appimage and got only start screen.

Problem screenshots. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g94lpe5hom3d ... AC62a?dl=0
Create a new project and use only 1 or 2 VSTs, and see. Also disable the "Keeps effects running without input" toggle like musikbear mentioned.
I delete lmms what I Installed from ubuntu/linux store. Run only from appimage. Disable effect running without input. And run different amount vst's and then look results. I let you all know the result.
Hello.
I deleted distributor LMMS and disbaled effects running without input. Right now everything
runs smootly. Only problem is remoteVstplugin.exe wine error after closing LMMS.
Using latest Linux lite and LMMS 1.2.2 appimage.

acura logo
DeathSuperMario wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:26 pm
Hello.
I deleted distributor LMMS and disbaled effects running without input. Right now everything
runs smootly. Only problem is remoteVstplugin.exe wine error after closing LMMS.
Using latest Linux lite and LMMS 1.2.2 appimage.

acura logo
Find info around WINE version best for your distro, you may also need to remove and reinstall wine, if something 'wine'ish' was removed as you removed previous installations -But here i and only guessing. I dont know enough about inner works of WINE

Btw dont advertise for 'acura' what ever that is -Read the rules : )
That acura link may come with image upload site. Didn't know that was there. I can look wine it self. Many linux DAW programs say that vst hosting is maybe unstable via trough wine.
DeathSuperMario wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 pm
That acura link may come with image upload site. Didn't know that was there. I can look wine it self. Many linux DAW programs say that vst hosting is maybe unstable via trough wine.
they're right. But VST-hosting is non-existent through not-Wine, so...
DeathSuperMario wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 pm
VST on Linux through wine, are truly plug and prey.

Most 32 bit VST do work though, and we can even automate those.

Still using a lot of them in one project, needs to be done carefully.
One thing I always do is filing the project under a different name after some progress.

whatever 1
whatever 2
whatever3 and so on.

That way I can always, when for ever what reason something gets messed up, fall back to a working version.

I was already doing this in the good old days, before Windows in cad programs.

But back to vst, its a hit and miss on Linux, and some vst do work fine, but are heavy on the hardware.