third party vst effects ?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi, guys long time no see :) is music bear still around ?

anyways my question. Is there a way to add third party effects like reverb or eq to say a piano ? When i go to add effects there is only the ones built in to lmms. Is there a way to put them in a folder so i can select them and add them ?

thanks
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:48 pm

anyways my question. Is there a way to add third party effects like reverb or eq to say a piano ? When i go to add effects there is only the ones built in to lmms. Is there a way to put them in a folder so i can select them and add them ?

thanks
Hello!

1. You need to go into settings.

2. Then select "Paths" tab

3. In "VST Plugins directory" put your path to folder with VST effects.

4. Click "OK"

5. These effects will be marked as "VST" in "add effect" window
Yes, musikbear is still around. Who knows where we'd be if he wasn't?
Welcome back. Like Vladmir said, all VST effects in the vst folder specified in settings, will show up under the "Add effects" window as options. viewtopic.php?t=26205#p48622
Edit > Settings > Folder Paths > (Change "VST-plugin directory" to your VST folder)
Then save the settings and restart LMMS. In the "FX" tab of the instrument window, click "Add effect," your VSTs should be there.
cool that that worked thanks

also is there a way to link multiple folders if all your plugins are not in the same folder. can i add a shortcut from one folder to another or does in only look in the one folder.
"Shortcuts" can be done, except shortcuts don't actually work. You will have to do something called "Symlinking," https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
Put all your symlinks in your VST folder.
However, if your VST files are in username/VST/x32 and username/VST/x64, just link your lmms to look in /username/VST/ itself.
"Simlinks" cool. I saw a similar method for Ableton but i forgot how i did it now lol.

Just one more question.

is that a way to save a drum template ? i click File>From template but it doesn't show up there.
When you say drum template what do you mean? Try File > Save As, and then in the save as dialogue box, below the name of the file where it says "Type: Multimedia project etc", click it and change it to multimedia project template.
Welcome back!
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:48 pm
As you may know weeds are hard to get rid of :)
Monospace aided you in all your issues, i only want to ask about what you call Drum-template. Are you referring to LMMS-templates
File| Save-as-template
-Or is it a special type of file build by an installed VST-drum-pack
basically what i would like to do is build kits in the beat+baseline editor from samples and then be able to pull those kits into the project i am working on. For example have maybe five different kits and be able pull the into any project.
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:18 pm
basically what i would like to do is build kits in the beat+baseline editor from samples and then be able to pull those kits into the project i am working on. For example have maybe five different kits and be able pull the into any project.
Then LMMS-templates would the way to go.
Create all the kits as individual Beat&Bass-lines, then save the projects as-Template
With this method, you will have all the kits in the same template
OR..
Create one kit, then save that kit as-Template. After that make a new project and the next kit -aso
With this method, you will have all the kits in the different individual templates

When you want to make a new music-project based on one of your template-kits, you start that from the File-menu with the option Create-new-from-template