ZynaddsubFX

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi I've been using LMMS for a while now and haven't had this issue in the past. I've been getting into sound designing in ZynaddsubFX, but recently ZynaddsubFX doesn't allow me to open the GUI. whenever I click on it, my entire LMMS freezes and I have no choice but to force quit. This was never an issue before but now it's acting weird and I can't seem to find any fixes. I tried restarting my laptop, redownloading, giving it some time, tried different versions, but none seem to work.

Operative system: Macbook Air: macOS Big Sur, version 11.3.1
LMMS version I use: 1.3.0, night version 10.14
I switch between MacBook speakers, AirPods, and headphones to listen to audio.

Any help is greatly appreciated
cheeseg1ue wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:55 pm
Hi I've been using LMMS for a while now and haven't had this issue in the past. I've been getting into sound designing in ZynaddsubFX, but recently ZynaddsubFX doesn't allow me to open the GUI. whenever I click on it, my entire LMMS freezes and I have no choice but to force quit. This was never an issue before but now it's acting weird and I can't seem to find any fixes. I tried restarting my laptop, redownloading, giving it some time, tried different versions, but none seem to work.

Operative system: Macbook Air: macOS Big Sur, version 11.3.1
LMMS version I use: 1.3.0, night version 10.14
I switch between MacBook speakers, AirPods, and headphones to listen to audio.

Any help is greatly appreciated
I know nothing about MAC, so i can only address the issue from a ZynaddsubFX zasfx angle.
I want you to try and use this zasfx-file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lqtea3
Download & Scan the file for vira!
then just place it in the folder where you have your zasfx-presets
Open lmms and load the file
Let us know the outcome
(Oh and do not post in News : )
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome cheeseg1ue !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Hi, I apologize for posting on the news. Thank you for telling me.
Also, regarding the issue, I was able to download it and drag it into my zasfx-presets. When I loaded it in though and pressed Open GUI, the same issue occurred: laptop froze and needed to force quit. I'm not sure what to do :\
cheeseg1ue wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:19 am
Hi, I apologize for posting on the news. Thank you for telling me.
NP :)
Also, regarding the issue, I was able to download it and drag it into my zasfx-presets. When I loaded it in though and pressed Open GUI, the same issue occurred: laptop froze and needed to force quit. I'm not sure what to do :\
Neither am I, mostly because you are on a MAC..
I dont know how to search on a MAC, i hope you do.
Restart the PC, we want to have a clean slate.
with the MAC search-tool, search for a file named
lmmsrc.xml
If you can find it, rename or move it away from where it is -Dont delete it If needed we want to be able to revert to it!
Next time you open LMMS, you will be asked to make a new Setup
Do that
Then shut LMMS down, and reopen it
Retry to open zasfx
Fingers crossed
Try changing embedding, and waiting for a few minutes when opening GUI? I don't know if priority of tasks can be arranged on Mac, but make sure LMMS and ZASFX are normal priority.
Um I searched the file on my entire mac and in my files I wasn't able to find lmmsrc.xml, it seems that I don't have any .xml files regarding lmms.
I also tried making lmms and zasfx both normal priority and high priority on my mac but zasfx GUI couldn't be opened. It may just be a MacBook issue then...
cheeseg1ue wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 pm
Um I searched the file on my entire mac and in my files I wasn't able to find lmmsrc.xml, it seems that I don't have any .xml files regarding lmms.
I also tried making lmms and zasfx both normal priority and high priority on my mac but zasfx GUI couldn't be opened. It may just be a MacBook issue then...
I need to get some info on how things are on MAC, then i will come back to you