Consuming my CPU too much

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Consuming my CPU too much, I can't produce because it crashes a lot, my computer is old, what can I do to alleviate this problem? I can't afford to buy another computer.

Dual core.
2GB Ram
Windows 10.
Reduce number of VSTs used. if possible, render individual tracks on resource-intensive instruments into WAVs and use them as sample tracks. This is called "Freezing" a track, I think.
Rafaelcortazio wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 7:52 pm
Consuming my CPU too much, I can't produce because it crashes a lot, my computer is old, what can I do to alleviate this problem? I can't afford to buy another computer.

Dual core.
2GB Ram
Windows 10.
That 2GB RAM is your issue.
You cant run win10 on only 2 GB RAM, and still have resources for applications.
RAM is relatively cheap, so expanding to the maximum your motherboard can support, witch on a dual-core properly is 8 GB -That would make everything much better!
...But
Its not unlikely that you wont be able to find RAM for a Dual-core, at least not new, perhaps you can find some used.
The next hinder is the type of pc that you own. Labtops are not nearly as simple to upgrade, and often the RAM is more expensive 👎 -for no sound reason
But More RAM is what you need -at least for win10.
The last resort is to shift OS to a Linux-distro. They are more lean, and does not occupy as much RAM as win10 does