[VGM] Crazy Train (Boss Theme)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I've been quite occupied with things not related to music, so I didn't really find the time for incredibly ambitious recently. I'm also feeling a little empty after finishing up the Super Scratch OST - I'm still deep in the style and general aesthetic of it, but I really want and need to move on; either lean harder in that direction or try something completely else. What I do in such times to not completely procrastinate is essentially some gravedigging of old sketches and concepts. The other thing I do are covers (a great way of practicing ones skills in regards to production, arrangement and general musical understanding I highly recommend), but my big OST remake project (I'm not going to spoil it) is going to take quite a while to complete so I wanted to have something simple and small to work on in the meantime.

I already dug up a couple unfinished tracks for the Super Scratch OST (because otherwise it would have hardly been a complete soundtrack), but of course some things were simply left behind (such as Boss Themes for all levels), as the general motivation was kind of gone with the cancellation of the actual game for it. But apparently I haven't dug deep enough, as I remembered the Boss Theme for the "Save The Movie" Stage - so for lack of better ideas I finished that one up and had quite a bit of fun with it.

On SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-165088756/c ... al_sharing

Also I've come to the conclusion, that I don't necessarily need to write sheet music for every little thing I do. It takes up a lot of time and creating music takes precedence over documenting it for me. That being said, I'd still like to be as open about everything I do (a result of disappointing experiences in my past), so if you want sheet music, a midi file or whatever, just let me know and I will get right to it. It's not that much work, it just adds up quickly when I have to do everything, so there's no shame in asking.
Isn't there some way to convert a MIDI file to sheet music? You don't need to make it.
Even just the project file will contain MIDI content.
Monospace wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:44 am
Isn't there some way to convert a MIDI file to sheet music? You don't need to make it.
Even just the project file will contain MIDI content.
Yeah, that's true. Basically what I would do is write the sheet music in MuseScore and then use its midi export functionality. I know LMMS has some midi capabilities, but this is the most efficient workflow for me. (1) since MuseScore's midi exports are almost always flawless, so there are no adjustements required. And (2) because I'm a lot faster at writing notes with it than editing a midi export from LMMS in it. Even the midi was were perfect, imported midi files always require some editing to look the part.
Beautiful VGM tune! I really enjoyed it!

Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:00 am
Beautiful VGM tune! I really enjoyed it!

Cheers!
Thanks a lot!