Electronic Breakbeat Track " Volterbitz "

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Here is an electronic breakbeat track I made in LMMS, as always!

Soundcloud Link :

https://soundcloud.com/mastartiq/mastartiq-volterbitz

I hope you will enjoy it!

Have a great day and stay safe! Cheers!
You seem to be impressively productive! To a certain degree I'm out of my comfort zone with this kind of stuff (beats, electronic music), but I like it nonetheless.

The build-up at the beginning is pretty exciting. Maybe you could add even more elements progressively to increase that. It's like (1) Bass, then (2) Melody but to me at least it felt like then something else should be added then as well. Maybe some simple drum beat, just some four-on-the-floor kind of thing, before that all drops out at 0:28 and the main part starts. I guess that kind of depends on your approach though, I tend to expect the EDM pattern of 4 bars, add something, 4 bars, add something again, and so on, for intros (maybe you take a more minimalistic approach in general?).

The ending is a little sudden, it feels like a bar is starting and then suddenly stops midway, I don't know if that was intentional. This feeling is increased by the other elements still being heard here as well, so it almost feels like the music is preparing something new to come, but then it just ends. Maybe you could have the melody just on its own for the last couple of bars? It could either continue on forever and just fade out or just stop in after an even number of bars.

I hope it doesn't seem like I dislike you work, or am being overly critical, I simply always want to try my best in terms of giving feedback. Also like I said, some of this might be just my subjectice apporach to structure etc. Other than that: It sounds like you have your synths and production down. Those are some cool instruments (and sounds in general). And you seem pretty skilled at writing drum parts, I'm a little jealous.
Mampfwurm wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:48 am
You seem to be impressively productive! To a certain degree I'm out of my comfort zone with this kind of stuff (beats, electronic music), but I like it nonetheless.

The build-up at the beginning is pretty exciting. Maybe you could add even more elements progressively to increase that. It's like (1) Bass, then (2) Melody but to me at least it felt like then something else should be added then as well. Maybe some simple drum beat, just some four-on-the-floor kind of thing, before that all drops out at 0:28 and the main part starts. I guess that kind of depends on your approach though, I tend to expect the EDM pattern of 4 bars, add something, 4 bars, add something again, and so on, for intros (maybe you take a more minimalistic approach in general?).

The ending is a little sudden, it feels like a bar is starting and then suddenly stops midway, I don't know if that was intentional. This feeling is increased by the other elements still being heard here as well, so it almost feels like the music is preparing something new to come, but then it just ends. Maybe you could have the melody just on its own for the last couple of bars? It could either continue on forever and just fade out or just stop in after an even number of bars.

I hope it doesn't seem like I dislike you work, or am being overly critical, I simply always want to try my best in terms of giving feedback. Also like I said, some of this might be just my subjectice apporach to structure etc. Other than that: It sounds like you have your synths and production down. Those are some cool instruments (and sounds in general). And you seem pretty skilled at writing drum parts, I'm a little jealous.
Thank you so much for all your feedback, for taking time to listen to my track and help me understand where my music needs to be improved. I agree with the first advice you gave me for the intro, just that I did not wanted to do that because I feel a bit saturated by that type of build after the intro, however you are right and could have add some tension and build the listener for the drop [even if the structure of the drop was meant to not be separated by long breaks but rather change quickly when new sounds are introduced, like a long drop].

You are totally right about the outro too, just that I did not knew what to do after, but it does feels like it wants to introduce the listener for a new drop or lacks a proper ending. I knew all the time its too sudden, but I accepted my defeat for this one! :) I do have sometimes the intention to end it abruptly but maybe I did not do it correctly or did not used proper sound effects to help for that.

Do not worry about that! Feedback is necessary and important, even at some point I might not know to properly use that feedback in a practical way, I always remember what I was suggested by others, who take time to listen and write long, proper and very helpful feedback, that costs time and time is precious, and will try at some point. Right now, like you very well noticed, I try to be productive, because I had a very long break from properly making music because of different many personal reason, and I try to not beat myself up if something is not perfect, or I will never finish it or ruin it and make it worse than it was, so I take time to compose and produce, and will just step by step, introduce new techniques I learn, from advice and feedback, and from anywhere I can get something to help me improve just a little bit at time. Thank you for your words of appreciation and I`am really sorry to disappoint you but the drums are actually a breakbeat loop, that`s how I started the project, so no credits given to me, but it helped me a lot. If you want to check a drum part I did, there is one at my other post on the forum, for the dark trap beat "Runner", but I do not know if you enjoy trap, yet you can see how i actually do the patterns, at least for that trap beat. It is nowhere near the quality of the amazing drum break loop.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Have a great day and stay safe! Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:05 am
I try to be productive, because I had a very long break from properly making music because of different many personal reason, and I try to not beat myself up if something is not perfect, or I will never finish it or ruin it and make it worse than it was, so I take time to compose and produce, and will just step by step, introduce new techniques I learn, from advice and feedback, and from anywhere I can get something to help me improve just a little bit at time.
True, it's always better to finish pieces, learn your lessons and move on to the next project, instead of trying forever to make something "perfect". That way one will have (1) the satisfaction of having end results a lot more often (which is encouraging) and (2) get to the point where they will be able to receive feedback a lot quicker. Of course this doesn't mean one should rush their work, but theoretically at least, the sooner something is finished, the sooner one will be able to take lessons by reflecting what worked and what didn't. I think for getting back into music this is a great idea, as you'll get a lot of feedback and likely new ideas in a short amount of time. A "feedback-loop" like this is great for rapid learning and improvement.
Mastartiq wrote:
Thank you for your words of appreciation and I`am really sorry to disappoint you but the drums are actually a breakbeat loop, that`s how I started the project, so no credits given to me, but it helped me a lot. If you want to check a drum part I did, there is one at my other post on the forum, for the dark trap beat "Runner", but I do not know if you enjoy trap, yet you can see how i actually do the patterns, at least for that trap beat. It is nowhere near the quality of the amazing drum break loop.
Not a problem. I like a lot of music of which I know samples like that were used. I also know they can be very inspiring. I'll check out "Runner". Other than that I can enjoy most musical genres, I just sometimes don't know what to expect of them, because I'm not very familiar. One could throw many things at me, tell me they were trap and I'd have to believe them - while more genre-savvy enthusiasts might tell me I'm completely wrong.
Mastartiq wrote:
Happy to help, if I can. I'll be around to provide feedback all the way, if it helps, whenever I can think of something. Your motivation is uplifting!
Mampfwurm wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:31 am
Mastartiq wrote:
I try to be productive, because I had a very long break from properly making music because of different many personal reason, and I try to not beat myself up if something is not perfect, or I will never finish it or ruin it and make it worse than it was, so I take time to compose and produce, and will just step by step, introduce new techniques I learn, from advice and feedback, and from anywhere I can get something to help me improve just a little bit at time.
True, it's always better to finish pieces, learn your lessons and move on to the next project, instead of trying forever to make something "perfect". That way one will have (1) the satisfaction of having end results a lot more often (which is encouraging) and (2) get to the point where they will be able to receive feedback a lot quicker. Of course this doesn't mean one should rush their work, but theoretically at least, the sooner something is finished, the sooner one will be able to take lessons by reflecting what worked and what didn't. I think for getting back into music this is a great idea, as you'll get a lot of feedback and likely new ideas in a short amount of time. A "feedback-loop" like this is great for rapid learning and improvement.
Mastartiq wrote:
Thank you for your words of appreciation and I`am really sorry to disappoint you but the drums are actually a breakbeat loop, that`s how I started the project, so no credits given to me, but it helped me a lot. If you want to check a drum part I did, there is one at my other post on the forum, for the dark trap beat "Runner", but I do not know if you enjoy trap, yet you can see how i actually do the patterns, at least for that trap beat. It is nowhere near the quality of the amazing drum break loop.
Not a problem. I like a lot of music of which I know samples like that were used. I also know they can be very inspiring. I'll check out "Runner". Other than that I can enjoy most musical genres, I just sometimes don't know what to expect of them, because I'm not very familiar. One could throw many things at me, tell me they were trap and I'd have to believe them - while more genre-savvy enthusiasts might tell me I'm completely wrong.
Mastartiq wrote:
Happy to help, if I can. I'll be around to provide feedback all the way, if it helps, whenever I can think of something. Your motivation is uplifting!
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and for the advices! The music genres now are very broad, and most of the music is anyway a crossover or hybrid between 2 or more other genres. It is good, and that`s just my opinion and for me at least, to know a bit of them, but this is a result of me being a huge lover of as much music as I can listen to. The new one that seems interesting to for me now is Future Bass, yet I don`t know too much about it, but listening to some, I now want at some point to see more about how is made and listen much more to it so I can incorporate elements into my production or even try to make it myself too.

That being said, thank you again for being such an amazing person and taking your time to give feedback, not only just to me, but to other artists too. Have a great day and keep being awesome!