very limited sound

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am sorry for my bad English. If you don't understand something I said, please ask me.

The sound in lmms is very limited (when i try to make 3 or more tracks it starts to earrape). So if i want to create a loud and cool drop i need to make 3 or 4 different audio files and then put them together in audacity. That sucks.

LMMS v. 1.2.2, Windows 10, SDL. Tried portaudio but it is even more distorted or is hard-limited (tracks just don't play like on sega genesis).
First off, Welcome to the Forum Kleo!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

LMMS v. 1.2.2, Windows 10, SDL.
That setup is perfect!
Your English is fine, but There are a couple of things you need to explain
Kleo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:41 am
The sound in lmms is very limited (when i try to make 3 or more tracks it starts to earrape)
This could be an issue about RAM, or you have clips that are to loud, so you get clipping and distortions
. So if i want to create a loud and cool drop i need to make 3 or 4 different audio files and then put them together in audacity. That sucks.
I read this as if you cant use more than a few instruments in LMMS and because of that, you have to bump the output out to Audacity, and make stems as soundfiles, that you then can use in LMMS. Is that correct?

How much RAM do you have?
I think they're talking about volume limit and distortion.
Turn down volume of your tracks, Kleo... and turn up volume of your speakers.
But that's confusing me, because I've found Audacity's apparent 0 dB to be lower than LMMS's 0 dB pre-export. Or maybe that's just me.
Make sure your "Audio backend" in settings is "SDL".
Tried. When too many instruments even in low volume everything is distorted. And I just found out that main distorter is kicker.
Yes, it is.
Kleo wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:29 pm
Tried. When too many instruments even in low volume everything is distorted. And I just found out that main distorter is kicker.
Yes, it is.
Can i see the project? Upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it. If you do not care about copyright, you can upload the project, and then post the link here

To Save as MMP:
* Open project
* File | save-as
* chose a name... 'xyzzxy.mmp'
press save
You can upload on any file-host like google drive
I will ofcause respect your rights