47 Thunderbolts Remix with new video

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I have been going back and remixing some old tracks
and giving the video some new imagery.

https://youtu.be/1jMzeT5fBp4

LMMS + Blender = Loads of fun.
Replying with template (only in ref. to soundtrack though the candlelight effect was impressive!) :
https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34376
* How is the Mix?
* Are the Instruments good ?
* Does the song have a good structure?
* Is the melody good?
* 1 to 10 rating of the total production:
Reviewing the review.

The reviewer fails to comprehend that music is a qualitative process.
Its not a quantitative process.
So numbers are of value in mathematics, not art.

The list of 'criteria' are themselves unacceptable for the same reasons.
A person makes an artwork for the sake of imparting a meaning.
Did the reviewer understand what was being communicated?
Not even vaguely.
No mention of the lyric, vocals, narrative, nor emotional poetics proves this point.
A music video is also about the interacting visual imagery with the music,
which also was not even considered.

Thats actually the hardest part of music video - for there to be a poetic
relationship between the visual and the audio.
I don't think I did very well there, even though these two aspects
may be fine in themselves, they need to dance with each other more.

To critique myself further, I felt the mix was a bit thin in places, and could have used
more instrumentation, in retrospect. So that was its weakest point.
Not its strongest.

There is no dissonance in the melody at all,
(there is some deliberate semi-dissonance that resolves)
so to red-line that aspect of it demonstrates that the dissonance experienced
by the reviewer was psychological.

The message of the artwork is what got under his/her skin,
being religious, its a good guess that the reviewer was atheist
and was trying to cheapen the message by attacking in
a technical pseudo-mathematical way.

If numbers are your thing, then you should be doing maths or physics,
not music nor art.
Hmm... numbers are my thing too. Wonder how I should feel. I do maths and physics, and music and art.
Actually I think I've clicked this link before! Sounds familiar, though the scream still surprises me.
Numbers are convenient. In the end, "song structure" is still a personal opinion (: Let's not argue

For music like this, though, I can hardly comment on structure of song itself, since it feels normally paced but still slow-paced at the same time.

It's not quite my style in terms of music itself. I like your mixing, though, and I think it's fascinating how you've placed and structured your elements.

I cannot comment on emotions or vocals properly because I have always been poor with understanding spoken words, so this makes no sense to me.
The music feels a bit in the line of When A Child Is Born at some point. It feels like it's telling a story, like the cold sun rising over chilly air. Like the instrumentalists in an orchestra adding mood to the man in the middle of the amphitheatre, who is calmly speaking, eyes closed. The main purpose: to deliver a message. What the message is, I can't decipher, but it's definitely delivered deeply. He almost whispers, hoarsely, and the moment feels more fragile, as he narrates.

As the pace increases slightly, it's closer to my style. I feel like the music sounds slightly inspirational or promising, and this sounds at odds with the noise of screams and gunshots sometimes, despite how the music in the background feels slightly overcast. That might just be me.

If you did the video yourself, that's very cool. I don't know enough technical terms, but some of the shots I thought looked really realistic (until I saw this not-human model float around into the shot). (I laughed at one of the points those happened, it looked a bit absurd, I'm sorry.) And the shot after the one I linked, for a momentary 2 or so seconds, I thought it was actually a doll camera'd till I noticed the mouth moving. Impressive.

Overall, it feels more like an ambience/atmosphere track than melody. And while I'm not very experienced in that direction, I like what I hear. Wouldn't hear it again for the sole purpose of hearing, because it's almost the opposite of my style, but I liked it. Maybe I'll use it as a reference for what I'm aiming for in the future; if I ever want to make something like this I'll put my headphones on and close my eyes and focus on nothing but what I hear in its depth.