make a backwards slash (\) key an A note

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
please

when i open a plugin there is a piano keyboard. i can use keys on my pc keyboard to play and test the plugin but it is very annoying that [ is F, ] is G but \ isn't A.
Yes, the keys are structured like on a piano. So [ is F, and N is A3, meaning L is C# and ; is D# and ' is E#. By this logic, \ has nothing assigned to it, since assigning something to it would not only be completely nonsensical and break the piano, but go against the standard of not assigning anything.
Kleo wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:12 am
please

when i open a plugin there is a piano keyboard. i can use keys on my pc keyboard to play and test the plugin but it is very annoying that [ is F, ] is G but \ isn't A.
Nea the keys on your PC-keyboard has nothing to do with LMMS. In fact it is a regional-OS-setting named Codepage that controls that. Different regions uses different types of keyboards, and different Codepages.
It would become confusing fast.
In this picture you can see how the basic setup for PC-keyboards used for music is formatted by convention:
That is independent of codepages
Monospace wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:41 pm
Yes, the keys are structured like on a piano. So [ is F, and N is A3, meaning L is C# and ; is D# and ' is E#. By this logic, \ has nothing assigned to it, since assigning something to it would not only be completely nonsensical and break the piano, but go against the standard of not assigning anything.
Sorry for taking that long to reply.

How is it nonsensical? If [ is an F5 and ] is a G5 then a key to the right of ], backwards slash (\), should be A5. I see why rshift is not an F but I see no issue in \ being A5 and = being F#5. It would also be pretty cool to have a backspace as a G#5.

I know it has been a year. Again, sorry.
excuse me but what does this have to do with codepages? there is one codepage for everything now and has been for years - utf-8.

why does not lmms use keycodes instead of charcodes? it would be much better that way, it will work on colemak, dvorak, azerty, russian and many other layouts. the backslash to the right of ] and the backzlash before z have their own different keycodes, so why not add an A note to a \ button?