Open-Source Audio Visualizers For Your Tracks - Updated

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
For those who need audio visualizers for your audio tracks I would like to share 2 resources :

Astrofox - advanced open source audio visualizer, you can do pretty much anything with it and a lot of creativity.
You can find it in github, after you search it on google.

Wav2Bar - less advanced than Astrofox but pretty useful too and it has visual particles too, so you can use them in the background of your video. Open source and you can find it in github after you search it on google.

Have a great weekend, people! Cheers!

Updated list as of November 26, 2023:

Captivate Lighting & Visual Synth - advanced visual lightings for your live performances and also visualiser scenes for your audio tracks. Includes:

Lighting:
- Share scenes with other captivate users
- More parameters
- More & improved modulators
- Macro Controls

Visuals:
- More & improved visualizations
- Visualizer layers
- Projection Mapping

Automation:
- Automated Beatmatching
- AI Automated Paramter Control

Hardware
- Official DMX USB Interface
- Standalone DMX Controller (For running scenes without a computer)

It is Open-Source and you can find it on google if you search for it and also on github.

Friction - Friction is an open-source, vector-based application designed for creating web animations and videos.
It Includes:

- High Performance
Friction provides a scalable, high-performance GPU/CPU vector and raster pipeline developed in C++, using Skia and the Qt framework.

- Animations for the Web
Create smooth and responsive animations for the web with Friction! Using Friction, you can create animated scalable vector graphics (SVG) using the synchronized multimedia integration language (SMIL), as recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).

- Multiple Scenes and Timelines
Friction gives you the flexibility to work on multiple scenes at once, with multiple viewers, timelines, and graphs. Adjust it to fit your needs and screen real estate.

- Powerful Expression Editor
Power users are welcome! Friction provides support for expressions with ECMAScript in parameters and effects. Additionally, it includes a complete code editor with autocompletion, syntax highlighting, custom functions, and more

- Text and Path Effects
Friction includes a diverse range of effects for enhancing your vector graphics and text. Stay tuned for upcoming releases, as we continue to expand our collection of effects.

- Raster/Shader Effects
Friction offers support for user-customizable shader effects. It also includes a foundational set of core effects for various needs.

You can find it with a search on google and as well on the github platform. Open-Source and free.

Bonus for Friction - enve-plugins (effects to use in Friction) - the plugins are open-source and you can find them on the github platform.
Thanks for the useful links! Many of the online visualizers available have this awful watermark, or an opaque plasticky and unsafe feel to them. But I never bothered to look specifically for OSS ones. Astrofox seems useful.
A visualizer can often be really hypnotic a part of the music if done well. It's not better than an actual video or animation if you're trying to ingrain an impression in the listener's head, but if unique enough, it can do a pretty good job.
Will save these sites.
Monospace wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:07 am
Thanks for the useful links! Many of the online visualizers available have this awful watermark, or an opaque plasticky and unsafe feel to them. But I never bothered to look specifically for OSS ones. Astrofox seems useful.
A visualizer can often be really hypnotic a part of the music if done well. It's not better than an actual video or animation if you're trying to ingrain an impression in the listener's head, but if unique enough, it can do a pretty good job.
Will save these sites.
My pleasure! Astrofox can be pretty great, but it needs an artistic work too. You can do amazing things if you make illustrations and you animate certain parts of them. You can get the Monstercat / Trap Nation vibe from it if you work at it too, it can do pretty much anything, but as any artistic application, it requires time and patience.

Have a great day ahead! Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:09 pm
Monospace wrote:
Will save these sites.
My pleasure! Astrofox can be pretty great, but it needs an artistic work too. You can do amazing things if you make illustrations and you animate certain parts of them. You can get the Monstercat / Trap Nation vibe from it if you work at it too, it can do pretty much anything, but as any artistic application, it requires time and patience.

This is moved to Tutorials
Thank you!
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:17 pm
Mastartiq wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:09 pm
Monospace wrote:
Will save these sites.

This is moved to Tutorials
Thank you!
Thank you for letting me know. I will post the resources in tutorials from now on. Is it okay? Thank you for you time and answer!

Have a great day!