Built in equalizer causes lag during silence on sample track

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This only started happening for me recently, but I've reset my computer a few times and the issue is persisting. The project will play normally until there's a silent portion of a given sample track, and then once it hits silence the CPU usage graph turns red and the playback starts to stutter. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on the 1.3.0 alpha.

....Also sorry for posting twice in a row
vlbonnie wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:51 am
This only started happening for me recently, but I've reset my computer a few times and the issue is persisting. The project will play normally until there's a silent portion of a given sample track, and then once it hits silence the CPU usage graph turns red and the playback starts to stutter. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on the 1.3.0 alpha.

....Also sorry for posting twice in a row
why sorry?, you had 2 issues, so two post -np!

Let me see if i understand:
You have inserted a LMM-EQ on a sample -track? -And when the play-head gets outside where this sample plays, your CPU spikes out.
Right?
-Or is the sample a AFP?
musikbear wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:14 pm

You have inserted a LMM-EQ on a sample -track? -And when the play-head gets outside where this sample plays, your CPU spikes out.
Right?
-Or is the sample a AFP?
It's a sample track, not AFP. Let me send a video I took (for some reason OBS didn't record audio because I fudged the settings but you can still see the usage spiking)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVKmc1r5lA
I didn't test to see if it happened the way you said before now....but apparently it does.
vlbonnie wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:54 pm
musikbear wrote:

Right?
-Or is the sample a AFP?
It's a sample track, not AFP. Let me send a video I took (for some reason OBS didn't record audio because I fudged the settings but you can still see the usage spiking)

I didn't test to see if it happened the way you said before now....but apparently it does.
Noo -You are not outside the sample you are in a section of the sample that is muted. What i think happens is that LMMS tries to 'find' something audible, and that causes the high CPU-load.
What you should do, is to edit the silent part out in audacity, and use two samples -or more if you have more section with no audio.
You also pay a serious 'prize' in file-size for that not audible piece of sample. The filesize is practically the same, even if you record silence, so very expensive to have long silent part in a sample!
musikbear wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:44 pm
vlbonnie wrote:
musikbear wrote:

Right?
-Or is the sample a AFP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVKmc1r5lA
Noo -You are not outside the sample you are in a section of the sample that is muted. What i think happens is that LMMS tries to 'find' something audible, and that causes the high CPU-load.
What you should do, is to edit the silent part out in audacity, and use two samples -or more if you have more section with no audio.
You also pay a serious 'prize' in file-size for that not audible piece of sample. The filesize is practically the same, even if you record silence, so very expensive to have long silent part in a sample!
Like I said, it does still cause the CPU spike issue at the end of samples. I just hadn't checked on that particular run.
https://youtu.be/ZwYHFS8v-7w
vlbonnie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:47 pm
musikbear wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:44 pm
vlbonnie wrote:

Like I said, it does still cause the CPU spike issue at the end of samples. I just hadn't checked on that particular run.
vlbonnie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:47 pm
outside
and does that change if you disable the EQ?
I properly need the file to dissect this issue
Hey, it's been a while but ultimately I realized the reason this happened was because I had the 32-bit version installed on my computer instead of the 64-bit