VST GUI not showing up

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm having a strange issue where the GUI isn't showing for VST plugins on my home setup (Acer Nitro 5 laptop, i5 10th Gen, 16GB RAM, 1TB & 500GB SSDs, Windows 10 64 bit, 144hz screen + external 22" TV as second monitor), but they work fine on my work computer (HP TouchSmart 420, i5 2nd Gen, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit).

I'm using LMMS Portable on the HP, but I even tried copying the folder it's installed in directly to my home PC and it still didn't work. I've also tried the official download of LMMS and the issue persists.

As an example, here's what I see when I load up Ninjas2 on the home PC (one is the 32 bit and the other the 64 bit versions of the plugin, same result):

And here's the HP (only the 32 bit version of the plugin works here):

I've tried changing the plugin embedding option but the plugin window doesn't even show up with anything other than "Embed using native Win32 API".
Here's my settings:

What am I doing wrong here?
blackcorvo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm
even tried copying the folder it's installed in directly to my home PC and it still didn't work
That will never work. You simply does not have an installation at all

I would like to know if you have tried other VSTs on your portable installation, and what the result was, but in respect to:
What am I doing wrong here?
'Wrong' i would not call it, but portable version of LMMS is not official.
You should install 1.2.2 official -or 1.3 alpha, witch is stable.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome blackcorvo !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:49 pm
'Wrong' i would not call it, but portable version of LMMS is not official.
You should install 1.2.2 official -or 1.3 alpha, witch is stable.
Thank you for the quick reply!
But I think you missed a crucial detail in my post, apologies if I wasn't clear.
blackcorvo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm
I'm using LMMS Portable on the HP, but I even tried copying the folder it's installed in directly to my home PC and it still didn't work. I've also tried the official download of LMMS and the issue persists.
What is ACTUALLY working for me is PORTABLE on my Work PC (which is the only way I can run it there since I don't have admin privileges for installing software on this machine).

BOTH official AND portable show the GUI issue on my Home PC. I'm using 1.3, in fact, I just forgot to screenshot in 1.3 so both pics are the 1.2.2 portable version.

I copied portable to my Home PC to see if it'd work, since it DOES on my Work PC.

I just wanna be able to work in project when I'm home instead of just doing them mid lunch break, you know.

Could it be my monitor's refresh rate (144hz)? Should I try running it in compatibility mode?
I tried loading other VSTs last night and they work fine, it's Ninjas2 Specifically that isn't working, apparently.

Does anyone know if there's another sample slicer VST I could use?