False claiming of LMMS demo (or other) songs

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I've heard many cases where someone reuploaded someone else's file, presenting it as their own. Common with at least songs made on LMMS. Especially common with demo tracks, relative to individual tracks by other people.
Recently however i find this: https://youtu.be/NuEk23AZ22I
It's essentially a slowed down badly cropped and looped version of the demo track DirtyLove. It's actually uploaded to one of those services that copyright claim your video if it contains that audio.
I found it because i was searching for a render of the track on YouTube, and found https://youtu.be/JcDeqzxuF5w (which is. Well. The uploader claims they made it themselves. And under the video in description it says this song is Techno Fly.)
This is concerning. But i don't know if there's anything that can be done.
I think this needs to be seen at least, so we are aware of the problem.
Monospace wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:41 am
I've heard many cases where someone reuploaded someone else's file, presenting it as their own. Common with at least songs made on LMMS. Especially common with demo tracks, relative to individual tracks by other people.
Recently however i find this:
It's essentially a slowed down badly cropped and looped version of the demo track DirtyLove. It's actually uploaded to one of those services that copyright claim your video if it contains that audio.
I found it because i was searching for a render of the track on YouTube, and found (which is. Well. The uploader claims they made it themselves. And under the video in description it says this song is Techno Fly.)
This is concerning. But i don't know if there's anything that can be done.
I think this needs to be seen at least, so we are aware of the problem.
Yes that is bad.
On youTube there is the Report-button, it is under the tree-dot options, then a form has to be filled out, and a claim for copyright-infliction can be made.
Could LMMS have features against piracy...? -It would not even help if LMMS had some kind of 'watermark' in the rendered files, because the render could just be re-recorded. I dont think anyone can do anything that totally can stop others from stealing derivative-work. The best to do if anyone sees copyright-infliction, is imo to contact the orr. artist that made the song, and inform them about the situation. Then they can take action if they want to.
Btw obs that this thief Narendra Dwivedi has disabled comments. Nobody can make others aware of the fact that this is stolen -very devious 😠
All readers of this: DO NOT PLAY HIS VIDEO. DONT AWARD HIM FOR STEALING!!!
Hey,
Report only extends if it's your own song and it's infringing your copyright.
Narendra Dwivedi has NOT disabled comments. The service which he has used to copyright this uploads songs automatically to YouTube, and whenever these services upload these songs, they do so under a "Topic" channel where one cannot comment because it's not like the original creator can hear them anyways. This is not his actual channel, just a proxy channel for his music, made by the service he uses.
Even Alan Walker has an "Alan Walker- Topic" channel where you cannot comment on the songs, they've simply been placed there by distribution services.
In this case original artist will need to be contacted.
It does seem likely, if you focus, that something is wrong, because you can hear the odd effect of being slowed down on the song at some points, and the cutting and looping job is horrible. But people are unlikely to...