Lv2 support, calf plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Rumors have it LMMS now does support Lv2.
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Lv2
Lv2 is supported on master.
I cant figure out how to use them though, I installed on my Linux (openSUSE) the calf Lv2 plugins, but can't figure out how to use them in LMMS.

Using 1.3 alpha for Linux.
Gps wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 pm
Rumors have it LMMS now does support Lv2.
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/wiki/Lv2
Lv2 is supported on master.
I cant figure out how to use them though, I installed on my Linux (openSUSE) the calf Lv2 plugins, but can't figure out how to use them in LMMS.

Using 1.3 alpha for Linux.
Sure this is Master/ Nightly? Have you tried Oscars own repo?
I tried 1.3.0-alpha.1 from the download page.

Maybe I need to be more specific about the plugins I am trying to get into LMMS.

Just the newer versions of the calf plugins already in LMMS but who have a gui.

I just got an answer on the Linux musicians forum. (from another LMMS user on openSUSE)

If I understand things right, Lv2 support is implemented but not finished yet.

LMMS 1.3.0alpha has indeed already implemented LV2 support, but it's not finished yet.

LV2 instruments will show up in instruments, right below LMMS' own plugins like Freeboy, Kicker etc. in the "LV2" section.

LV2 effects (including CALF plugins) will show up but there isn't a path to configure :lol: if I try to add one in the mixer (by using "Add effects"), they simply show up. I too am on openSUSE, using the version from multimedia:proaudio.
I need to do some more investigation, but it might be we can load the newer Calf (lv2) plugins, but we do not yet ? see a gui.
To answer my own topic. :)

After I asked here and on Discord, I still had no real answer.

I am running as we type LMMS 3.0 beta. (Linux)

It does have LV2 support. I have installed LV2 stuff and it shows in LMMS.

Now the less good news part.

Do the newer LV2 Calf plugins work in LMMS?

Well yes and no, but they won't show the Calf gui.

The reply I got on Github. (I like to add, git hub is in general not for asking questions, but for reporting bugs)
No gui support yet via lmms native lv2. This works with Carla though. Some plugins are blacklisted for now for various reasons, most commonly because they simply wont work without the gui but also other issues. Some Calf plugins are among those blacklisted. They can be enabled though. See this comment on startup:

Lv2 Plugins blacklisted: 67 of 744
If you want to ignore the blacklist (dangerous!), please set
environment variable "LMMS_IGNORE_BLACKLIST" to nonempty.