vst black screen

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
im trying to use the ninja sample slicer vst but every time i try the pop up window for the vst is pitch black and idk how to fix it
TheCreeperKidKing wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:50 am
im trying to use the ninja sample slicer vst but every time i try the pop up window for the vst is pitch black and idk how to fix it
That is propl an embedding issue
Set Edit| Settings| Performance to
now i have another window that is black
if this helps im using a school laptop (windows HP) and over the summer it had restrictions on it so i couldnt download or open anything
they just got taken off
Then maybe it's because the VST GUI isn't available to use.
Let me try downloading the VST if I have time.

I've downloaded the VST. It works fine for me. This could be a you-issue.
TheCreeperKidKing wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:29 pm
now i have another window that is black
if this helps im using a school laptop (windows HP) and over the summer it had restrictions on it so i couldnt download or open anything
they just got taken off
Lets test if VST works at all
You should try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Lets know the outcome :)
i know this is gonna sound weird but its only that one vst all other ones i can find work
so idk whats going on
TheCreeperKidKing wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:56 am
i know this is gonna sound weird but its only that one vst all other ones i can find work
so idk whats going on
Normally i would say: "Then its that special VST that is flawed, dont use it" But i made an experimental install last week, and it does work, and for Monospace as well.
I cant say why you have this issue, what i would suggest is that you delete all parts of it, and fetch a new fresh DL, and try to 'install' that -witch is as simple as copying the dll into your VST-collection. It is odd, but thats my best take on it..
ok i will try that
also when it used to work i did not have it in the plugins folder but it still worked
ima try and see if plugins it in the plugins folder helps
also if it still does not work would you be ok with finding an alternative
but not one with an exe installer
i use a school laptop and i would need admin to use exe installers
and i do not have admin
it did not work