Half-Time Cabbage Plugins For Beatmakers And Producers

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
So, I found recently these resources for a half-time effect that will be useful for beatmakers and as well for producers:

Note: The plugins are made in the open-source Cabbage Software, so you need to download Cabbage and install it, afterwards
you need to load the csd file, for example half-speed csd that you will download from the link I will provide later.
To do that, after the software is installed, open it and go on, File and click on Open CSound file [do not change anything] just go again on File and select export plugin and select Export As VST3 Plugin Effect, name the plugin, in this case "Half-Speed" [do not erase the ".vst3" termination, write the name before that] and click save in a folder that you can easily access and move it after that to your VST3 Plugins folder [you can find it usually in program files\ common files\ VST3].

You can open vst3 plugins in LMMS with Element by Kushview.

The link for the plugin I recommend (there are others 2 there named pitch_segmenter and TimeSlip) the main one is half speed and I recommend it especially to beatmakers, while TimeSlip is more advanced and good for sound design.

Here is the link : https://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/half-t ... ation/3340

Have a great evening! Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:24 pm
So, I found recently these resources for a half-time effect
No need for other software:
musikbear wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:43 pm
Right, almost forgot that!
Worth noting that halftime/doubletime plugins often also produce an effect on the audio that simply changing note-lengths may not.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:43 pm
Mastartiq wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:24 pm
So, I found recently these resources for a half-time effect
The tutorial you made is very important if using MIDI, I actually use that too and I`m happy you made that for all the users, it was needed. Thank you!
The external plugins are good for audio samples that have no MIDI, if you load an audio sample in LMMS, and use the BPM of the sample it will make it half-time. I know there is a way for the sample to make it half-time without using external plugins too, using the piano roll in LMMS, you can put the BPM at half, if is 140 change it to 70 and also take the sample one octave down and you have it set nicely. I still love the plugins tho! Maybe some people will find them useful.

Have a great evening! Cheers!