Weird issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I had an weird issue. So basically I'm recreating a track and that's why I wanted to overlap it with a sample track but I cannot do that with my recreation because the sample track is playing before the beginning of the song editor somehow. At least that's what i think it is cause I cannot overlap the first note cause it's the start of the piano roll and I can't bypass that obviously.
I wanted to know how is that possible?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KTf6Qq ... sp=sharing
I don't understand your issue clearly, but try this:

1. Click and hold the sample track first.
2. Then while holding it, press down Ctrl.
3. While Ctrl is pressed, drag your sample track back and forth. Pull it a little forward/backward as needed.

Since your sample track already starts at 0 you have already noticed cannot pull it backwards.
If you want to move it backwards, everything needs to be moved a bit forward first:
4. Using the selection tool, select everything. Then drag it all one bar forward.
5. (Then escape selection by selecting an empty patch that has no sample track/piano roll objects in it)
6. Use instructions from step 1-3 to pull your sample track just slightly backwards.

Also check the bpm of Start Menu. It's 90/180 bpm in 4|4. I think you've already gotten that correct but just make sure.
Not really an issue but like if they both play at the same time then one shouldn't be played before the other right? But somehow they still did I mean now with the solution you gave me I can move the sample track further to negate this but still Idk why that happens.
Thanks for the help.
Rakono wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:24 pm
Not really an issue but like if they both play at the same time then one shouldn't be played before the other right? But somehow they still did
Well, this depends. Sometimes, in a sample track itself, the start of the music isn't the same time as the start of audio 0:00. Sometimes it can be cut wrong or slightly offset. Most music creators like a little gap just to make sure that sometimes the start of the track doesn't get faded out. Other times, the audio splice is badly done.