VST plugin not working 2

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi everybody,

I have a problem, which pop out of the box in a meantime. It is similar to one posted earlier (see link: viewtopic.php?t=30636 ) conected to vst plugin application. Everything seems to be fine (opening LMMS and plugin ect) until I try to import instruments from the list, using "import" button. Opening window is immedietly shot down due to unnknown reasons, LSSM stops responding, although every other commands work properly (I can stil open and use for example standard guitars through another button on the same list normally). Windows 10 shows "application hang, 1002 error, top level window is idle". So I upgraded LMMS and VST (from administrator level) to newer version (without results), checked windows for internal errors, up to date - no change. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
cantando wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:37 pm
Hi everybody,

I have a problem, which pop out of the box in a meantime. It is similar to one posted earlier (see link: viewtopic.php?t=30636 ) conected to vst plugin application. Everything seems to be fine (opening LMMS and plugin ect) until I try to import instruments from the list, using "import" button. Opening window is immedietly shot down due to unnknown reasons, LSSM stops responding, although every other commands work properly (I can stil open and use for example standard guitars through another button on the same list normally). Windows 10 shows "application hang, 1002 error, top level window is idle". So I upgraded LMMS and VST (from administrator level) to newer version (without results), checked windows for internal errors, up to date - no change. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
Hi, Welcome to the Forum cantando !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

We need to know what VST it is you are attempting to use.
Have you installed the VST?
What format does the VST have iow : is it a *.dll
In what folder do you have the dll?
You should never use program-files or a subfolder in program-files
It is plogue sforzando plugin, used as LMMS vestige .dll fie. Directory of .dll and instruments has no significance (I've checked it already), besides I've used this for at least two years without any problems (maybe it is not as convenient as when it is placed in vst plugins folder, but bearable), untill now. Error appears only when choosing "import" from menu of opened plugin. Every other option works properly.
cantando wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:25 pm
It is plogue sforzando plugin, used as LMMS vestige .dll fie. Directory of .dll and instruments has no significance (I've checked it already), besides I've used this for at least two years without any problems (maybe it is not as convenient as when it is placed in vst plugins folder, but bearable), untill now. Error appears only when choosing "import" from menu of opened plugin. Every other option works properly.
Read viewtopic.php?p=81013&sid=8caf88711f737 ... b31#p81013
A new tutorial was posted for Alta-ego