Tips for a noob?/How do I find the sound I want?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I don't know anything about arpeggios, LFOs or what have you. Just a noob playing with instrument plugins trying to make remixes and stuff for animations. I've made one spooky, metroid-esqe ambient tone to play on a loop. Made good progress with a remixed team rocket hideout theme, but the program crashed trying to import a plugin mobdro kodi .

Along with the request for general tips and advice, I also run into a more specific problem I hope someone can help me with.

This has been getting better as I play with the program and plugins more, but I tend to open up the program and decide "Alright. This is the sound I want for this part." So I scroll through different instruments trying to find what I want, and often don't find it, get tired of it and close the program.
maynovent wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm
I don't know anything about arpeggios, LFOs or what have you. Just a noob playing with instrument plugins trying to make remixes and stuff for animations. I've made one spooky, metroid-esqe ambient tone to play on a loop. Made good progress with a remixed team rocket hideout theme, but the program crashed trying to import a plugin.

Along with the request for general tips and advice, I also run into a more specific problem I hope someone can help me with.

This has been getting better as I play with the program and plugins more, but I tend to open up the program and decide "Alright. This is the sound I want for this part." So I scroll through different instruments trying to find what I want, and often don't find it, get tired of it and close the program.
Your topic has been moved to production help.
First off, Welcome to the Forum maynovent !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
maynovent wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm
I don't know anything about arpeggios, LFOs or what have you. Just a noob playing with instrument plugins trying to make remixes and stuff for animations.
You will have to give that a bit of work : p
Nobody can DO anything out-of-a-box, everyone need to find what is in the box, and how the things works.
I have made e tutorial series about how to make different type of instruments, maby that can be were you could start

At least that will give you an insight in the buttons and whatnuts on the various elements : )
When you got that, you are much better helped for asking about specifics in the field of sound-synthesis.
Also it is a very idea to find an example of the sound you are looking for. Youtube is a good place to look.
Then you can say
This sound @1:22 i want that but more.......
You are always welcome to ask us for assistance