Hello! Total newb to music production! Any tips?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello! I recently just got into the music making hobby, and I'd really like some help if at all possible!

I aim to eventually make my own songs using LMMS, but I was thinking of starting off with remixes and covers of songs, just to get to know the program and to get started omegle xender !

However, I'm no music student, and I'm definitely not used to LMMS as a program... and I don't really know where to begin to even get started on any project. So, if you guys have any advice for a beginner like me, I'm all ears!
hajimasan wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:28 pm
Hello! I recently just got into the music making hobby, and I'd really like some help if at all possible!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum hajimasan !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
advice for a beginner like me, I'm all ears!
All ears is a damn good starting point : P
You need 2 things
1* Learning the UI and functionality of LMMS
I got a rookie-guide for that in Signature

2* The most basic understanding of music-therory, most important is concept of Scales
I knew nothing when i started now almost 14 y ago with LMMS, and as i learned i made a series of video-tutorials on the subject.
You can start there:

If you get hooked on this theory-thing and want to go deeep into that rabbithole and tackle university stuff, a homepage like 8notes.com is a place to go, but you do not need to. When you understand music-keys and the scales, you are ready to produce
(there are also 90+ other LMMS tutorial on my youtube, and you are welcome to ask for a specific video-tutorial, if you feel there ought to be one for the subject.
I learned a lot from watching other people making music on the pc.
Not just LMMS.

I also learned from making covers even though it was often very frustrating.

The important part though, just start and don't overthink it.
Just put in some notes and see if you like it.

I also learned a lot from musibear vids and sometimes still do.
Few days ago I watched a vid of him, and it suddenly came to me how Jean Michel Jarre does things.
Resonance and LFO's.

I had seen that vid before, but only now a lot felt into place. :)