How to set loudness properly in LMMS?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey, how and where to set loudness properly in LMMS for example when preparing a song for further mix and master?

I mean should I touch volume knobs of instruments, what does exactly mean this scale with 100% as default, is it ok to have it over, what to do when an instrument is too quiet - just use internal gain or maybe amplifier effect, is there any loudness meter to show proper dB, where to do any volume automation, fades, etc.

And when preparing preview mix, just use mixer, but shouldn't these faders be higher by default and then only some of them lowered when mixing?

What about master fader and master volume - suppose to leave them untouched 100% always?

What levels do you use before mixing, for mixing, and for master?
Tiago wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 pm
Hey, how and where to set loudness properly in LMMS for example when preparing a song for further mix and master?

I mean should I touch volume knobs of instruments, what does exactly mean this scale with 100% as default, is it ok to have it over, what to do when an instrument is too quiet - just use internal gain or maybe amplifier effect, is there any loudness meter to show proper dB, where to do any volume automation, fades, etc.

And when preparing preview mix, just use mixer, but shouldn't these faders be higher by default and then only some of them lowered when mixing?

What about master fader and master volume - suppose to leave them untouched 100% always?

What levels do you use before mixing, for mixing, and for master?
You can use a plugin like SPAN to get all kind of information about just about any type of advanced sound outputs LUFs and the whatnut..
SPAN is free