Building LMMS in order to produce useful bugreports

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi,

I’m used to build LMMS. Did it on Debian Sid for many years, but now I just had a new PC, which I installed on Debian 12. I’d like to keep on this stable release (at least trying to do so until I feel the urge to go back to Sid for any reason ^^).

LMMS builds, which is nice. The problem I noticed are:

- the color picker is very basic. I had another, much better, with the possibility to pick a color from screen. (not very annoying though I guess I miss some optional Qt5 libraries maybe.
- on any effect plugin I use, both the decay and gate knobs are greyed. Never had this behavior when building on Sid.

Ma question is: is it desirable to activate the following option in the CMakeList.txt:

OPTION(WANT_DEBUG_FPE "Debug floating point exceptions" ON)

Is ii useful I report some bug with this option enabled? I have 2 ou 3 cases of segfault where at least one is easily reproductible.

Is there any other option I could use to produce potentially useful bug reports?
Yeah!

I found the solution for the greyed knobs. I guess I didn’t have this problem on my last computer because the settings remain between new builds (~/.lmms/…):

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/5352
In Edit->Settings there's an option labeled "Keep effects running even without input". Turn that off and those knobs will function.