Help with spacing on a piano roll

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
So I might've messed up a bit, I decided to input a classic piano song on a piano roll and started off putting everything 1/32 apart. I wasn't thinking and didn't try listening to it first. Now it only sounds how it's supposed to at 80 BPM and I was wanting it to be around 120 or so. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to space all notes at once without manually going in to move them individually because there's a lot... router login 192.168.l.l.link/ But is there any way to change them all to be 1/16 or 1/8 apart easily?
taxo00 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:29 am
So I might've messed up a bit, I decided to input a classic piano song on a piano roll and started off putting everything 1/32 apart. I wasn't thinking and didn't try listening to it first. Now it only sounds how it's supposed to at 80 BPM and I was wanting it to be around 120 or so. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to space all notes at once without manually going in to move them individually because there's a lot... But is there any way to change them all to be 1/16 or 1/8 apart easily?
Kind of, but it may be influencing the song. The method you need to use will change spacing, but at the same time also note-length!
That can on the other hand be change again with a bit of fiddleling
* Save project as Save-as and a new name! Now you can always revert to what you had!
In piano-roll
* Set Quantification to 1/192
* select all notes (Ctrl+a)
* ( Perhaps you need to set horizontal magnification up a bit if it is hard to grab notes
* Grab one note
* Hold SH and drag or push the note. The notes will change spacing, but also length!
When you have the spacing you want, you can fiddle with getting the length that goes best with your new spacing
* select all notes (Ctrl+a)
* Drag or push the note. The notes will change only in length!

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome taxo00 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480