Ear-rape bass boost problem (new to lmms)

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I'm new to Lmms and producing in general. I've only made two trash songs in the past using bandlab and soundtrap (both for school).

in my new lmms project my song sounds really bass boosted in the start, almost ear-rape-ish. I've found that i'm also hearing sounds i didn't even put in (fits in and even sounds good). I'm thinking that it might have to with the bass boosted issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'll gladly send my project, but i don't know how yet.
Hi,

What’s the “bass boosted issue”?

What samples or synths are you using?

Something I learn a few time ago, not especially related to LMMS, is that apart of your kickdrum/bass/basssynth, all other instruments should be processed through a highpass filter to attenuate their low-bass and sub-bass frequencies, which clutter the low-end while having in fact no use musically. You can put the high-pass filter in the mixer channel of the instrument for this. This is what I do.

Personally I use mostly the instrument effect chain for “artistic effects”, and mixer channel effect chain for “technical effects” the effects for sound quality purpose only.

You can also use an equalizer plugin on your master (or any channel…). There are plenty but I find the LMMS native plugin “Equalizer” to be handy and quite easy to use compared to some other LV2/LADSPA plugins (mostly because it’s visual).
matirdamb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:34 pm
I'm new to Lmms and producing in general. I've only made two trash songs in the past using bandlab and soundtrap (both for school).

in my new lmms project my song sounds really bass boosted in the start, almost ear-rape-ish. I've found that i'm also hearing sounds i didn't even put in (fits in and even sounds good). I'm thinking that it might have to with the bass boosted issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'll gladly send my project, but i don't know how yet.
Topic has been moved to production help.