Connect to midi

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,, I have just bought a Nektar SE49 and I cannot get it to play in LMMS, no sound at all, I have followed the LMMS instructions from the help file but still no sound from the SE49. Can someone with a SE49 help me to set it up please ?.
Lenlad wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:35 am
Hi all,, I have just bought a Nektar SE49 and I cannot get it to play in LMMS, no sound at all, I have followed the LMMS instructions from the help file but still no sound from the SE49. Can someone with a SE49 help me to set it up please ?.
the cable You need is midi-to-usb
they are fragile..
Maybe your cable is broken, so take it to a store at have it tested
The procedures for connecting:
Reboot!
''The keyboard should be plugged in BEFORE you start LMMS! If you forget that, LMMS may not find it!
'connection does not work -Trouble-shooting:
unplug HW & and remove power cable.
Then shut down computer -completely -Pull the plug!
Then
insert midi-conector cable
insert HW power and turn HW ON
(some lights should get lid)
Insert pc power cable!
Start PC
start LMMS
Look for your HW in menu
Let us know the outcome !
I can definitely help you troubleshoot the connection between your Nektar SE49 and LMMS. Here are some steps you can follow:

Basic Checks:

Make sure the SE49 is powered on and connected to your computer with a USB cable.
Verify that the volume knob on the SE49 is turned up.
Check your computer's volume settings and make sure they are not muted.
LMMS Settings:

Open LMMS.
Go to Settings > MIDI Settings (Icon with a keyboard).
In the MIDI Settings window, under "Input" select "WinMM MIDI" (if you're on Windows) or the appropriate option for your operating system.
Under "Output" select your preferred soundcard or audio interface.
Click "OK" to save the settings.
Connecting the SE49 to LMMS:

Create a new project in LMMS.
Add an instrument track by clicking the "+" button in the track panel and selecting "Instrument."
Choose the instrument you want to use on the new track.
Click on the small keyboard icon at the bottom left corner of the instrument. This is the virtual keyboard within LMMS.
If you're still not getting any sound, click on the instrument track and look for the "Input" option. Here, select your Nektar SE49 as the MIDI input