Can LMMS in any way take fight to FL studio?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I was thinking of buying FL studio for Black Friday but then I stumbled upon free LMMS. Is LMMS any better in some field then FL studio? Plugins? Community support and tutorials? Didn't tried anything yet, I am interested in amateur music production, just for my ears
yamsar wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:38 am
Is LMMS any better in some field then FL studio? Plugins? Community support and tutorials?
LMMS beats FLs completely utterly and with distinction in one parameter: Pricetag : P
Nahh
FLs is a semi-professional sort-of highend producer-tool, and is better than LMMS -Ofcause it is, but if i should be serious then LMMS has one advantage over FLs, and that is user-influence on development!
Everything you see in LMMS is the result of cooperation between developers and users. We listen to user complaints and or user ideas, and that is how LMMS has been and is different. Non of the commercial DAWs has that.
But try LMMS! See if it has what you feel you need for personal musical amusement
Watch "Rookie-guide" (Link below in my signature), and go listen to some of the music that has been made with LMMS
(BOL over several years: https://soundcloud.com/lmmsio)
Both options are Free !

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome yamsar !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
LMMS is analogous to FL Studio, FL Studio beats LMMS in just about everything except price and platform support. If you can afford FL Studio then buy it. LMMS can run on Mac, Windows, Linux, and is free... and that's it. LMMS comes with some instruments, but they're all geared towards synthwave/retrowave/chiptune music. FL Studio comes with a plethora of instruments for all kinds of genres. FL Studio has audio recording and editing. LMMS doesn't have audio recording, and if you ask if it will be a feature, they will tell you to just use Audacity, or tell you to learn computer science/C++ programming to add the feature yourself. The developers are working on the next version, so that's good. The downside is that it's been 8 years since the last stable version. There hasn't even been a bug fix release. There's no recent stable release because the LMMS dev team need more devs. There's also no easily accessible road map so you won't be able to tell what is being worked on, or what else needs to get worked so the next version can be released.
I also know FL studio to have a lot more developers. ;)

LMMS is made by volunteers, not to be confused by amateurs though.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm
yamsar wrote:
Is LMMS any better in some field then FL studio? Plugins? Community support and tutorials?
LMMS beats FLs completely utterly and with distinction in one parameter: Pricetag : P
Nahh
FLs is a semi-professional sort-of highend producer-tool, and is better than LMMS -Ofcause it is, but if i should be serious then LMMS has one advantage over FLs, and that is user-influence on development!
Everything you see in LMMS is the result of cooperation between developers and users. We listen to user complaints and or user ideas, and that is how LMMS has been and is different. Non of the commercial DAWs has that.
But try LMMS! See if it has what you feel you need for personal musical amusement
Watch "Rookie-guide" (Link below in my signature), and go listen to some of the music that has been made with LMMS
(BOL over several years: https://soundcloud.com/lmmsio)
Both options are Free !
Ensure proper Azure AD group sync configuration, attribute mapping, and group scoping. Double-check Azure AD Connect settings. If the issue persists, check logs, and Zscaler settings. I recently discovered an amazing website while exploring online writing services for academic assistance.
SO many,
Lmms can play giga soundfonts, fl studio can not.
Lmms has 8bit nintendo game music sounds internal, fl studio no.
Lmms can play in note editor window(piano roll) and track window separatly, fl studio can not.
Lmms can ajust automation track of control track in the same track window, fl studio can not.
Lmms can hight light active track notes with active button, fl studio can not.
Lmms can custom Theme with every panel or widgets, fl studio can not.
Lmms can install on linux system nomally and use defaul folders path. fl studio can only installed via wine software and can't use default folder path conviniently.
Speaking of Which is better. that is not our decision.
talking between FL studio and LMMS is like talking between 3Ds max and Blender.
Each of them has their own community and directions.
Each of them has a secret tool that shows their muscles.
-The main things that made me still using LMMS are 4 things:
1-eq 10-band-Equalizer plugin (simple but, powerful for my genre)
2-Support Multi language.
3-Cross platform.
4-LSP

I use both LMMS and bought FL Studio (top bundle).

note: some people might wonder, why you do not support to LMMS financially if you can afford the paid tool?
My answer: I did support LMMS as an investment instead of direct pay within published LMMS album Vol.3 and Vol.4.

Because I preferred classical, composing templates, Ambient genres and ringtones, those are no longer profitable and popular, so FL studio wasn't meant for this. LMMS does.
If you are a serious music maker, and whom who wants to follow the leader professionals, the FL studio is the choice. however, don't fool yourself for not getting the top bundle else, you can't help or share your project to the community.
otherwise, for hobby, learning, writing notes and wide audience sharing. LMMS is the choice.
ClayFox wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 am
musikbear wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm
yamsar wrote:
Nahh
(BOL over several years: https://soundcloud.com/candy clicker)
Both options are Free !
Ensure proper Azure AD group sync configuration, attribute mapping, and group scoping. Double-check Azure AD Connect settings. If the issue persists, check logs, and Zscaler settings. I recently discovered an amazing website while exploring online writing services for academic assistance.
I think I should just buy it and experience it so I can know if the software is suitable for my needs.