Grayed delay and gate knobs on every effects

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I don’t know if it’s the right place for this but I don’t feel posting it in the bug tracker because I remember it had already happen to me a few year ago and while I can’t remember it was fixed I think it wasn’t a code issue, but a configuration issue or something like that.

I get used to work with LMMS development version (available from Github) for years. I developed a Ctrl+s habit ^^
I don’t know if some people here also do that, but I like to follow the LMMS development and that’s a good way to do that. I’m at the point I always check the repository at the beginning of every session. ^^

Well let’s get back to the purpose of this post :

I don‘t have any problem on any other knobs, and the grayed ones “still work”, by that I mean some were automated when I worked on the file with a previous build with which I didn’t have the issue. and now, while grayed and not moving automation, still is happening. The problem is present for any new effect I’d like to add.

I wonder if anyone has already got this behavior?
HenryDeath wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:18 am
I get used to work with LMMS development version (available from Github) for years. I developed a Ctrl+s habit ^^
what ver. is this?
Please screenshot the tittlebar
Hi,

Thx for your reply.

It was a 1.3.0-alpha. last commit at time. It doesn’t matter anyway, I built LMMS again a few days after, with a newer version, and I do not have the issue anymore.
HenryDeath wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:50 pm
I do not have the issue anymore.
Great!
HenryDeath wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:18 am
Hi,

I don’t know if it’s the right place for this but I don’t feel posting it in the bug tracker because I remember it had already happen to me a few year ago and while I can’t remember it was fixed I think it wasn’t a code issue, but a configuration issue or something like that.

I don’t know if some people here also do that, but I like to follow the LMMS development and that’s a good way to do that. I’m at the point I always check the repository at the beginning of every session. ^^

Well let’s get back to the purpose of this post :

I don‘t have any problem on any other knobs, and the grayed ones “still work”, by that I mean some were automated when I worked on the file with a previous build with which I didn’t have the issue. and now, while grayed and not moving automation, still is happening. The problem is present for any new effect I’d like to add.

I wonder if anyone has already got this behavior?

It's an unusual issue you're facing with grayed-out knobs in LMMS, and it could be related to configuration. First, ensure you're using the latest version.