Recording Digital Audio

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello, I really like LMMS, but when will you implement the ability to record digital audio? Until you do LMMS is not really a DAW because people can't even record vocals for their songs in LMMS. If you guys implemented the ability to record digital audio that would put LMMS on the DAW radar.
Hi dmagi,

LMMS is a great tool for music production, but it's primarily a MIDI-based DAW. If you're looking to record vocals or other digital audio, you might want to consider using a dedicated audio recording software like Audacity or Reaper in conjunction with LMMS for your music production needs.
dmagi wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:58 am
Hello, I really like LMMS, but when will you implement the ability to record digital audio? Until you do LMMS is not really a DAW because people can't even record vocals for their songs in LMMS. If you guys implemented the ability to record digital audio that would put LMMS on the DAW radar.
If you want a free-ish one, or very low cost at least, I would suggest Ardour, it's open source, too, and VERY capable!