Reproducing Paul McCartney's instrument

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello,

I have been trying to reproduce an instrument that would sound similar to the main synthesizer in "Wonderful Christmas time", but with no real luck so far. I was able to reproduce the echo by using the Triple Oscillator. But the sound itself is still completely different.

Any idea about how I could reproduce a similar instrument?
AngeSurTerre wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:01 pm
Hello,

I have been trying to reproduce an instrument that would sound similar to the main synthesizer in "Wonderful Christmas time", but with no real luck so far. I was able to reproduce the echo by using the Triple Oscillator. But the sound itself is still completely different.

Any idea about how I could reproduce a similar instrument?
Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
You can click on the video, and choose to save the link at the specific time! or add a timestamp here
Like @2:32 -> 2:55
Then its much easier to advise good VSTs
musikbear wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:44 am
Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
You can click on the video, and choose to save the link at the specific time! or add a timestamp here
Like @2:32 -> 2:55
Then its much easier to advise good VSTs
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Ye-3C1FC8

No timestamp needed, it is the very first sound you'll hear!
Musicbear is probably better with an LMMS specific reply.

But here is a general how too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZL2GH ... l=thatbeet
AngeSurTerre wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:59 pm
No timestamp needed, it is the very first sound you'll hear!
Nobody can explain better than the guy from @GPS link. That is Masterclass stuff!
Unfortunately this is going to be really diffycult in LMMS, because LMMS cant 'quince' output with a new keypress. When a note plays, it will always play to the end, and the effects on that note will also play out completely!
That pretty much makes á patch like this impossible.
But i wrote á for a reason..
The way 'around' this 'quince' output problem is to use several patches!
You will need one patch for each delay-expression, and then play that patch when you need that expression, iow -for the fast changes, you would need a patch without delay for the longest, a patch with full 3 times-delay effect...
That is going to be a cumbersome and tedious way to work, but i cant see any way around it in LMMS.
(Should mention, 'quince' output is in the development loop, but not scheduled)
Ok, thank you for the response. I guess I'll have to start learning how to make those patches.
AngeSurTerre wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:00 pm
Ok, thank you for the response. I guess I'll have to start learning how to make those patches.
Have you tried it yet?
It's a strange question to ask after four years, I guess)