MIDI Input/Output issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Just installed LMMS to check it out but seem to be having a MIDI issue with outputting Cthulhu to another VST
I'm not sure if this is correct but it seemed the most obvious and trying to link the midi from the Beat+Bassline Editor [F6]
shows me nothing at input (which showed multiple options in the instruction video I found)
and output just shows my midi connected to USB and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth (which does output audio if selected but sends nothing to the other VST)
Name wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:30 am
having a MIDI issue with outputting Cthulhu to another VST
ya, that it cant
You can
* import MIDI-files after you have installed a default-soundfont
* connect your MIDI-HW _keyboard so lmms plays a selected DAW-instrument as you press a physical key, bur circulatory instrument-connections through midi, is not a thing.
Simple work-around
Copy the ctulhu track drag massive into that track
In playback, both VST will play the same notes

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Name !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:27 am
Name wrote:
Cthulhu converts midi single-note presses into a chord's and dragging over the track only results in the single-note being copied over not the full chords its supposed to play completely skipping Cthulhu's functionality

So what you're saying is that Cthulhu is completely unusable with LMMS? because that would be really annoying and kind of weird since Cthulhu has been usable in every other DAW I used before and if that were the case what are the midi output and midi input channels even used for?
Name wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:31 pm
musikbear wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:27 am
Name wrote:
Cthulhu converts midi single-note presses into a chord's and dragging over the track only results in the single-note being copied over not the full chords its supposed to play completely skipping Cthulhu's functionality

So what you're saying is that Cthulhu is completely unusable with LMMS? because that would be really annoying and kind of weird since Cthulhu has been usable in every other DAW I used before and if that were the case what are the midi output and midi input channels even used for?
> Cthulhu converts midi single-note presses into a chord's and dragging over the track only results in the single-note being copied over not the full chords its supposed to play completely skipping Cthulhu's functionality
I looked at descriptive usage and understood that this software is a kind of extended chord-table like the one lmms has already, but clearly Cthulhu is more flexible and have some presets as well.
what do you get saved if you use the save-button on the chord-section?
Is that by chance the whole midi-sequence?