BPM, Surge Sequences and, Exporting

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm wondering if anyone can offer any insight on an issue I'm having when using Surge XT sequence patches. I'll explain.

So, I have a song, well a cover of a song, that I have created and there are some sequence patches (S&H Classic and, Phase 2) in Surge that work very well with it. So, I used them. Now, when I playback the song, everything is fine. no BPM mismatches, etc. It seems everything works well. However, once I export (either separate tracks or, the entire song) to an external file the BPM's of the sequence tracks change and create a rather confusing sounding composition.

I suspect something is happening between LMMS, Carla Rack and, Surge when the export is running that I'm missing. There doesn't appear to be a BPM setting in Surge when running it as a plugin, however there is when running it as a standalone program and Carla doesn't appear to have any useful settings for the situation.

Has anyone encountered this type of a problem and/or know how to force Surge to play nice when exporting?

I've resorted to recording the single track playback then compiling the tracks separately in Audacity but it's quite time consuming.

Thanks!
dropped_carrier wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
there doesn't appear to be a BPM setting in Surge when running it as a plugin,
first try Edit| Settings| performance-tab
Set Synch-Vst-plugins-to-Host to true
If that also fails, then there is not any difference from an export with default settings and a recording in an app like Audacity. You get the same quality if you save to wave or ogg-forbis

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome dropped_carrier!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Hello and thanks for the response.

The Synch-Vst-plugins-to-Host "on" setting appears to be the default. I'll just have to record the live playback in Audacity and work with it that way.