Perceived loudness is lower than what is measured

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I am currently trying to mix and master a song. Rendered the mixing track at -6dB. Mastered it to a -10LUFS, like any of my other songs. But the perceived loudness to my ear (tested in the car) is low compared to the other songs. I noticed I have to turn my volume up more. What's wrong with this? Final waveform is almost straight like a sausage. Is it gain staging issue? If so what can I do about it? Can it be as simple as turning down the gain of my vocal, instrument and drum bus in the mix phase?

Genre: Progressive rock/metal (I understand that there will be lots of frequencies clashing with all the distortion, ambient at the back, synth, etc). DAW: Reaper
rarac wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:17 am
I am currently trying to mix and master a song. Rendered the mixing track at -6dB. Mastered it to a -10LUFS, like any of my other songs. But the perceived loudness to my ear (tested in the car) is low compared to the other songs. I noticed I have to turn my volume up more. What's wrong with this? Final waveform is almost straight like a sausage. Is it gain staging issue? If so what can I do about it? Can it be as simple as turning down the gain of my vocal, instrument and drum bus in the mix phase?

Genre: Progressive rock/metal (I understand that there will be lots of frequencies clashing with all the distortion, ambient at the back, synth, etc).DAW: Reaper
Hi
This forum is for LMMS. It is unlikely you find anyone that knows Reaper : )