need help for create a song

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hi !

I've been using lmms for few months ago and I've some difficulties for really create a song. (I'm sorry I'm not very good in english but I try as I can). I have to do a song but I'm totaly lost because I don't know very much about it (the basics but no more than that). So I have many questions and I hope someone can help me about it. :) router login 192.168.l.l.link/

First of all, does anybody know or have recommendation about how to do a good beat with the drums ? The samples who are already on lmms sounds bad to me and I'm not really convinced about it. Maybe I just can't find a good combination between the samples already present, if anyone knows of one, I'll take it with pleasure!

My second question is in music in general. I don't know how to make a verse part (because I've already a chords progression wich sounds good to me but I don't know what I should do next.

I hope my English was understandable and thank you to the people who can answer me!
wadinyade wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:51 am
Hi !
Hi, Welcome to the Forum wadinyade !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
how to make a good beat with the drums ?

:
There are several examples in the folder Demos
I would recommend you to study those an if that is not what you are looking for explain what genre of music you wanjt to make, link to youTube examples, and with timespand for the type of percussion you want to make
The samples who are already on lmms sounds bad to me and I'm not really convinced about it.
Only thing to do then is to find some you like. There at 10000' tds both free and commercial -Be careful not to get virus-infections/ malware from 'free' sample-packs..
I don't know how to make a verse part (because I've already a chords progression wich sounds good to me but I don't know what I should do next.
That one is hard.
Writing music is an art, but there are some rules that at least makes it easier.
Establish a scale and key for your song.
Stay in key! (unless u make future, jazz, avantgarde or similar
Study the 'Question and answer' composing rule (googleIt)
Follow the major to Minor positions with your melody nodes