Sound customization with ARP Pro Soloist VST.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
I've got some questions about VeSTige and LMMS in general. First off, I'd like to point out that I'm an absolute beginner at this program, and that english is not my native language.
So, I've recently downloaded the AM Music Technology "ARP Pro soloist" VST. Via VeSTige, I was able to use it on LMMS. However, as I was trying to recreate a certain sound ("The Raven" solo from "The colony of slippermen" of Genesis), I found it I needed to edit settings like "Osc 1/2/3", "Release"; these settings should be located in the "LFO/Envelope" tab, but, as far as I know, VeSTige does not support this kind of customization.
Is there any other way I can still use this VST, but have these settings, not accessible in VeSTige, customized in the output sound?
If this is not possible, do you know any other program that might help me?
Thanks for your attention.
desilentio wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:40 am
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum desilentio !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I need to edit settings like "Osc 1/2/3", "Release"; these settings should be located in the "LFO/Envelope" tab, but, as far as I know, VeSTige does not support this kind of customization.
Is there any other way I can still use this VST,
Yes, because LMMS makes a dial-array of all the available VST-controllers!
Every control on the VST-gui has a LMMS-dial, and all dials has full automation-capability.
On the Vestige-UI click on the wrench-icon,

and find the controller you like to automate or just set to a fixed value.
Thanks a lot for your answer! However, I still have some doubts, since the tab you're referring to still doesn't have any settings like 'Osc', 'delay' mentioned above (the VSTi doesn't offer many settings); anyway, I lack any solid knowledge of the program, so maybe what you're saying about automation could solve it. I'll try to get a better understanding of the program, and then I'll see.
desilentio wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:24 am
Thanks a lot for your answer! However, I still have some doubts, since the tab you're referring to still doesn't have any settings like 'Osc', 'delay' mentioned above (the VSTi doesn't offer many settings); anyway, I lack any solid knowledge of the program, so maybe what you're saying about automation could solve it. I'll try to get a better understanding of the program, and then I'll see.
Oh.. That is sad/ bad You will not have any controller options if they are not features on the VST! -except adding FX on the instrument, but that wont include any Osc-controller. Delay however cán be added on the FX-tab / Mixer-channel
If the VST does not offer those simple controls(?) You need a better VST
Looking at

That organ could be made in Synth1 -i bet there are presets even..
The organ has a slight detune and variations with pitch-wheel (need to use automation in LMMS), but you can definitively find a VST that has what you need
Thank you for all the useful information. Since you guessed by ear the way to replicate this specific synth sound, can I ask you about any book/tutorial series that can teach me how to figure out the settings for a certain sound as well? Lastly, are there any other plugins such as Synth1 that could replicate a wide range of different sounds? Thanks again!
desilentio wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:16 pm
Thank you for all the useful information. Since you guessed by ear the way to replicate this specific synth sound, can I ask you about any book/tutorial series that can teach me how to figure out the settings for a certain sound as well? Lastly, are there any other plugins such as Synth1 that could replicate a wide range of different sounds? Thanks again!
I dont know any books. I used the net and watched videos at the time i experimented with all dials and sliders on TrippleOSC and most important in ZynAddSubFX! (Zyn).
Zyn can be a serious mouthful and difficult to cope with, but it is worth it!
I think that i discovered a new thing in Zyn every time i opened the GUI for at least 2-3 y.
A lot of it i have in the playlist for Zyn on my youTube.
If you want to understand advanced sound-synthesis Zyn is a invaluable tool!
are there any other plugins such as Synth1 that could replicate a wide range of different sounds?
I have not found any VST that has the pure power and depth that you find in Synth1.
Zyn is close but some Synth1 features -especially the Arpeggio, is no where else.
I like a plugin named Oatmeal, and i like all of HG Fortunes amazing avantgarde plugins like Alionoctis, a plugin that has loads of spaced-out presets, and can create even more -It can actually make indefinite many, because it has intelligent randomizing and cloning.
HG Fortune was (RIP) a real genius, and extremely generous. for his plugins are mostly free.
A lot like Vital. I have not tried it.
Again, thank you for all the valuable information. I'll try to make the best out of it. Best regards!