Too much VeSTige making the program freeze.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I just recently downloaded LMMS to make music. Most of my Song Editor is filled with VeSTige (all of them loaded up with Vital), each of them getting their own channel for sidechaining purposes. The reason for all of this is because I think Vital is a more powerful tool for producing sounds than using the stock synthesizers. How can I stop my program from freezing when loading them up once again while still having more than 6 VeSTiges on the Song Editor? If that isn't possible, what are other alternatives to using just VeSTige? Thanks in advanced :)
abbeb wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:35 pm
I just recently downloaded LMMS to make music.

Hi, Welcome to the Forum abbeb !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Most of my Song Editor is filled with VeSTige (all of them loaded up with Vital), each of them getting their own channel for sidechaining purposes. The reason for all of this is because I think Vital is a more powerful tool for producing sounds than using the stock synthesizers. How can I stop my program from freezing when loading them up once again while still having more than 6 VeSTiges on the Song Editor? If that isn't possible, what are other alternatives to using just VeSTige? Thanks in advanced :)
Vital is huge, but 6 instances should still be possible, but how many do you have?
-I have used 50 instances of Synth1 as test.
But that does not matter. We do not use identical HW.
So what can make things better-
First and foremost kill all processes that are running in the background!
Make sure nothing is using CPU when you work with LMMS.
You may even consider going off-line and stopping your virus-software if you have any. The less CPU used by other programs, the better.
And thats it
Your current HW may be insufficient for many Vital-instances, and if so, only HW upgrading can give you more pc-power.