Re: Can u play a section just once?

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
Post was infected with malware. It has now been removed
If you have visited any of the links that was inserted on this post AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY VIRUS PROTECTION -You need to do an online scan of your pc.
The links (removed) installed a malware on UNPROTECTED users pc'
If you did not open any posted links by the scammer, ao DO have virus protection software installed, you are in NO danger

The hacker has of cause been banned!
We leave the question and answers. They are not infected, and can still be relevant.
filhalbate wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:59 am
I want to play the first 5 bars just at the begining and then just keep looping the song skipping that first 5 bars.
That is a common way to use FL-studio, i know that, but it is not a workflow in LMMS.
Composing and building the melody is mean to be done in piano-roll, and these blocks are then meant to be inserted in song-editor. If something should be repeated to the letter, then two identical blocks should be used in songeditor.
Pattern-editor (B&B-editor) where the representation in songeditor always is copied identically, is only meant for percussion, and even with percussion it should be used in variated blocks. The way you need to build your project would be to make the bars of intro, and have that followed by the number of repeated blocks that you want as the whole project. Working like that, it is possible to make small but important variations in repeated segments of your composition.
filhalbate wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:59 am
I want to play the first 5 bars just at the begining and then just keep looping the song skipping that first 5 bars.

Its a looping theme so the intro cant repeat ech time and has to be played just the first time.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you're looking for a way to create a loop in a song that skips the first 5 bars after the initial playthrough. This can be achieved in various ways depending on the software or platform you're using for your music production. Here's a general guide:

Identify the First 5 Bars:

In your music production software, identify and mark the first 5 bars of the song.
Set Loop Points:

Most music production software allows you to set loop points. Set the loop to start after the first 5 bars and continue for the desired duration.
Conditional Looping (if available):

Some advanced software allows you to set conditional loops. You can set a condition that the loop only plays after the first playthrough. Check your software's documentation or help resources for information on conditional looping.
Automation:

Use automation to control when the loop starts. You may be able to automate the loop function to enable it after the first playthrough.
Separate Tracks:

Another approach is to create two separate tracks – one for the intro and one for the main loop. You can arrange them in a way that the intro only plays at the beginning.
Remember, the exact steps may vary depending on the software you're using. If you provide information about the specific software or platform you're working with, I can give you more detailed instructions.