Adding effect to sample track doesn't change the sound

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I recorded a sample in Audacity and brought it into my LMMS project as a sample track. I double click on the sample track which opens the effects chain. I have added some effects (both LMMS built-in and plugins) but none seem to do anything. All the selection boxes are green, W/D mix set to 100% wet, but nothing.

I've looked at the documentation and it seems like the effects should work. I tried searching the forum but my keywords are too common, so I post.
jirggeth wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:32 am
I double click on the sample track which opens the effects chain.
? No -that is not a feature in LMMS from us.
If you double-click inside a Sample-track, it is the file-browser that opens
Where do you have your LMMS from and what release do you have?

Automation:
First insert an Automation-track in songeditor
To get access to the effect-chain you need to open the FX-tab on the plugin, in your case AudioFileProcessor tab FX
Then click the Add-effect and select one.
All dials on the effect-plugin can be automated:

Rest mouse over the one you want to automate
Press and hold Ctrl
Drag to dial into the automation-track
Double-click the new automation block
That opens the Automation-editor
Draw a curve into this editor.
The dial will move accordingly to the drawed curve, when the playhead pass over the curve in replay.
You can also live-record automation.
For that -watch this video

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome jirggeth !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I wasn't clear. I don't double-click on the sample track from the song editor (where the piano roll shows up for instrument tracks). I double click on the Sample track box in the song editor list, where the gear icon is, the mute and solo buttons, on the words "sample track." It opens up the effects chain similar to other instruments, but these don't do anything.

I have version 1.2.2 downloaded from the site.

I am not trying to automate anything, just apply an effect to a sample track if that's possible.
jirggeth wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:22 am
I have version 1.2.2 downloaded from the site.
apply an effect to a sample track if that's possible.
Oh thatta way : P
No dont click in Sample-track. You need to click on the Sample-track-button in songeditor, that opens a popup where you can select an FX-channel and also insert an effect on the sample inside the Sample-track
Yes, the method you describe is what I am doing, I clicked on the Sample track button in the song editor and added effects within the Effects Chain popup. But, they are not working on the sample track, however. All of the effects in the effects chain are selected (they are green) and even with wet mix set to 100% wet, there is no change to my sample.

These effects work on other instruments, but not the sample track. Is this a bug?
After rebooting my system this is now working as intended. Not sure why it didn't work that way from the start, but seems to be resolved.